Forst warranty and service top notch.

Chris Day

But why send 20k + machines out to market that clearly aren't ready and expect everyone to accept it and take it on the chin! If it were a new car it would be replaced or refunded after so much grief!

Hi Simon, said car may possibly be refunded/exchanged but it would be an epic fight to make this happen. Look at Beau and the grief he had with a brand new Isuzu D Max pickup, i read stuff in the media all the time with customer dis-satisfaction regarding new sub standard vehicles and peoples efforts to get the faults remedied.

Reading all the comments in this thread is a bit sobering as these rogue machines are indeed a black mark against the manufacturers and an expensive thorn in the side of the respective business that own or lease them.

Its disappointing, for sure, I took a bit of a gamble on my st8 as the suppliers are the other side of France and don't return my calls and seem to have gone into a big Gallic sulk.

Redwood have been great, I've had some teething problems for sure, ATM things are running smoothly.

For most of us the chipper is the most important money maker we have. The money stops rolling in the minute it stops working.

I seem to remember that Stuart did have some issues which were resolved, he admitted that some were as a result of their maintanence regime too. But, all was good in the end and he tells me that he will have another soon.

As a small business 22k on a bad buy is a hard mistake to swallow! Especially when its through no fault of your own.

Its ok a manufacturer repairing stuff but when it just seems like 1 thing after another what do you do!

Hi Simon, said car may possibly be refunded/exchanged but it would be an epic fight to make this happen. Look at Beau and the grief he had with a brand new Isuzu D Max pickup, i read stuff in the media all the time with customer dis-satisfaction regarding new sub standard vehicles and peoples efforts to get the faults remedied.

Reading all the comments in this thread is a bit sobering as these rogue machines are indeed a black mark against the manufacturers and an expensive thorn in the side of the respective business that own or lease them.

I seem to remember that Stuart did have some issues which were resolved, he admitted that some were as a result of their maintanence regime too. But, all was good in the end and he tells me that he will have another soon.

Not knocking GM Pete, just saying that all brands can have issues.

I was referring to Stuart's 190 rather than the quad chip.

Edited by Mick Dempsey

It would be the down time that bothers me.

If you are fully booked miles ahead thats a lot of shuffling about to do. Not to mention lost earnings or having do operate far less efficiently, and the customers perception, pile of brushwood to be dragged back into the garden for a few days....

Where we take our stuff it costs £5.00 per cubic meter for chips and about £9.00 for unchipped. Given that chipping reduces the volume to about 1/7th on average the difference in dumping cost alone averages £58 (63-5) per chipped mtr. - then theres the repeat trips (time and money each time). We all need reliability.

Can't afford not to chip. Luckily my Greenmech has only had 4 days down time in 7 years. Can't speak for other brands - but I do my best to check/tighten bits every afternoon and certainly on a weekly basis. Some problems (like the roller isssue above) must be awful to deal with. You guys have my sympathy.

Morning,

Greenmech have never let me down on the aftersales front.

They have been patient, talked me through repairs to our CS100 and Quadchip as well as supplying some parts even after the warranty expired.

Our 190 had genuine issues from new which where unrelated to any maintenance regime. Roller blocking and hydro connections failing to remain tight.

Local dealer was a wet lettuce with the 190 being dropped off and ignored for over 2 weeks on one occasion.

In France, there is a deeply rooted culture of denial.

It starts at school, kids are taught that backing down or apologising is a sign of weakness.

Later in adult life, this extends to customer service.

Denial of any liability even in the face of full on facts.

I'll never buy here again as the next Gallic shrug I get will certainly be the dealers last.

Anyway, I diverge...