donnk

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how to get an NL driving licence .....

16 tons, that would get the vosa boys head spinning at the weigh bridge [emoji106]

Unfortunately it's not what license you have, but what country's road you drive on that determines the set of rules to follow...

So planning our next truck. Ideally we need 5 ton capacity to stay legal. This rules out all the 7.5 tonners in reality once kit, fuel and blokes are loaded.

So was thinking, us old gits with C1E can drive a combined van and trailer train weight of 12 tons. https://www.gov.uk/old-driving-licence-categories

something like a daily or isuzu double cab with a big hiab fitted behind cab (2 ton lift at 7m) short chassis with artic hitch. weighing in at say 4.5 ton unladen. Then a tipping trailer with air brakes etc naked weight say 2.5 ton. leaving a payload of 5 ton.

This gets around the o licence, operators yard and tacho requirements. Would also open up the flexibility of moving 5 ton diggers which are not much more money than the 3 tonners for a whole lot more digger.

Thoughts ?

just to add you need to sit the trailer test to get 12 tons, its 8.2 with grandfather rights.

I recon it would be a good set up one tractor unit and a selection of trailers to cover all types of jobs

Would be very manoeuvrable as you can jack knife it to back it up drive ways etc

Good luck

You cant drive 12000kg on a pre 97 licence. You are limited to 8250kg. As you will have the 107 restriction. To remove it taking the c1e test after passing the medical, theory and mod tests plus you will need the cpc.

Here we go again.

I can, I've still got my paper license, its pretty clearly stated :001_smile:

Here we go again.

I can, I've still got my paper license, its pretty clearly stated :001_smile:

alas i'm limited to the 8.25 ton category as they must have downgraded my entitlement at some point without me realising it.

seems the merc atego could be the one.

18.7 ton train weight! Bit extreme but 13 ton of capacity on a car licence!!!!!

img_0904.jpg

Donnk, can ya educate me please. How do you calculate 13 ton from those capacities stamped onto that VIN plate?

Thanks, W.

seems the merc atego could be the one.

18.7 ton train weight! Bit extreme but 13 ton of capacity on a car licence!!!!!

img_0904.jpg

Hows that work on a car license then?

You said in your first post you believe you are limited to 12t GTW?

Now you're back to 7.5tonner with trailer, not a 3.5t and 5th wheel?