A hammer

A gorrilla bar set of crowbars

And a 1/2 breaker bar

That would be a fairly complete set for the basics

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best tools I invested in for the workshop was a compressor! With care, everything can get a clean easily, radiators in chippers, chainsaws, floor of the van, workshop floor and even yourself before taking chip and dust into the house!

You can cover a lot of bases with a T-handle 1/4" bit holder and bit set.

My T-handle is the most used hand tool I own, Wiha dual drive, means you can get some torque on when needed. Wiha T-Handle Magnetic Bit Holder ¼" | Screwdrivers & Hex Keys | Screwfix.com

£15 seems expensive for a "handle" but you'll use it all the time and it'll last forever.

A cheap bit set covers most of your "screwing" needs. These do the job [ame=https://www.amazon.co.uk/100Pc-Comprehensive-Security-SD244-Toolzone/dp/B01HR4GITI/ref=pd_day0_60_7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YP7J8PJBSWQXA4XX5X43]100Pc Comprehensive Security Bit Set SD244 by Toolzone: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools[/ame]

...yep they're only chinese jobs, but fine for most low torque fasteners. Covers Torx up to T40, metric Hex etc.

The 1/4" F to M adapter means you can use it as a nut spinner with some 1/4" sockets, very handy, and the labelled case makes finding the right bit easy.

Halfords socket sets do the job. I've had mine for 20 years, used & abused but still going strong.

Vice. Best look on Gumtree/boot sales as decent ones are expensive but can be picked up for a few quid when people have a clear out.

Never find the right Hex key amongst that heap of keys? Bondhus Gorilla grip. Fold out hex keys, various size mixes. I use the metric imperial version [ame=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bondhus-12550-12-Pc-Fold-Up-1-5-5Mm/dp/B00EBZW9F4/ref=pd_sbs_60_6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=DZ537VYWQZFPTEQTAWKK]Bondhus 12550 12-Pc. Fold-Up Hex Key Set, Metric, 5/64-5/32", 1.5-5Mm: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools[/ame] If I've not got the correct T handle hex to hand.