ARB Show feedback thread...please, and thank you

AA Teccie (Paul)

We blew work out on Friday and decided to make a trip to the show a last minute thing.

We didn't arrive till about 1 ish and stayed for the duration of the first day. The show seemed to be set out well and about the right size... some shows are so large you get lost, others so small it's a waste of time to go.

It wasn't a surprise that HB and FRJ and tree worker weren't there as they had all mentioned that fact before the event. Treekit was well stocked and if I hadn't have attended the show I would t have seen and bought the new pulley for my Rope Runner... I didn't even know you could get them in the UK, the trip was worth it for that alone.

Nice to catch up with some old friends, even if they did get a bit upset when the booze ran out. It also would have been nice to camp over but alas, family commitments in the Saturday prevented that.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went Saturday, First impressions werent great as I hadnt realised I needed to bring my AA card to get in free and expected there would be a list of AA members who should get in free, maybe my fault for assuming but little annoying having to pay and was told no chance of refund, (is this true Paul?)

I checked out the demo re. decay detection gear which was well presented and informative. It was good to see Stroud brewery there and particularly enjoyed a pint of "stump grinder", Thought the competition trees were bit pathetic compared to last years they were a lot smaller and looked like easy branch walks etc. Certainly as a spectator not the most exciting to watch compared to other years.

Ended being more of a social for me rather than a shopping trip.

Hi there, thanks for your comments here.

Unfortunately, as I've learned this morning, that is correct, i.e. no refunds, but had you come to see us at the AA tent (on the day) we may have been able to do something...sorry. I think showing of current membership cards was equally the case when we (AA) managed the show entry too (obviulsy now done by Westonbirt staff because of the collaborative working arrangements.)

I hope the "social aspect," eventually, made for a good day overall and that we'll see you back there again next year :001_huh:

Sorry again,

Paul

We blew work out on Friday and decided to make a trip to the show a last minute thing.

We didn't arrive till about 1 ish and stayed for the duration of the first day. The show seemed to be set out well and about the right size... some shows are so large you get lost, others so small it's a waste of time to go.

It wasn't a surprise that HB and FRJ and tree worker weren't there as they had all mentioned that fact before the event. Treekit was well stocked and if I hadn't have attended the show I would t have seen and bought the new pulley for my Rope Runner... I didn't even know you could get them in the UK, the trip was worth it for that alone.

Nice to catch up with some old friends, even if they did get a bit upset when the booze ran out. It also would have been nice to camp over but alas, family commitments in the Saturday prevented that.

Nice one Rich, thanks for your post and for coming along.

We are on "the beer case" for next time so hopefully your friends won't have cause to get upset next time :001_huh:

Cheers,

Paul

Don't worry about it Paul, they drink too much anyway and then all they do is moan the next day.

Keep up the good work mate. It is great to see the last few years the AA asking for feedback and actually taking note of the information and trying to act on it.

I remember a few years ago it seemed to be getting a bit stale and in some people's eyes out of touch with reality.

This forum, your feedback requests and the simple addition of camping has made the AA show a worth while event in my northern peepers.

Cheers and keep up the good work.

Don't worry about it Paul, they drink too much anyway and then all they do is moan the next day.

Keep up the good work mate. It is great to see the last few years the AA asking for feedback and actually taking note of the information and trying to act on it.

I remember a few years ago it seemed to be getting a bit stale and in some people's eyes out of touch with reality.

This forum, your feedback requests and the simple addition of camping has made the AA show a worth while event in my northern peepers.

Cheers and keep up the good work.

Thanks Rich, nice of you to say so here.

We do listen, we act where we can, and where's it's reasonable to do so...and we don't always get it right and this is what we NEED to know (so thank you all), even if we can't fix it at least we know and if things change we can review.

Nice one n thanks again for your time :thumbup1:

Paul

Great show, i came on the Saturday afternoon, really enjoyed the atmosphere, good food, FORST was excellent as usual with the Go Extreme which i enjoyed:thumbup1:

Only thing i found was that being Saturday afternoon some of the dealers had sold out of a few things which was slightly annoying, but that's nothing to do with the AA.

Overall great show, thanks!:thumbup:

Great show, i came on the Saturday afternoon, really enjoyed the atmosphere, good food, FORST was excellent as usual with the Go Extreme which i enjoyed:thumbup1:

Only thing i found was that being Saturday afternoon some of the dealers had sold out of a few things which was slightly annoying, but that's nothing to do with the AA.

"Good stuff," thank you :thumbup1:

You're not the first to say about some suppliers "selling out" so we will flag that to those who were present.

Thanks again,

Paul

Was just going to say the same, we headed down on the Saturday and as Rich mentioned, knowing that Honeys, Treeworker and Jonesie weren't going to be there I was hoping to get some rope off the reel but Treekit had sold out and no-one else had anything on reel. Shame but not an AA issue. Really liked the location and parking etc. We travelled 151 miles each way with traffic and road closures so it was nice to be able to wander along the tree top walk as well as the show and i think it benefited from having members of the public in amongst the arbs.