Timberwolf or Greenmech?

Richard

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consider either one of the micro chippers (see shreks wee chipper thread) or for the same money a second hand 6" roller fed chipper. You can always upgrade and if you buy a presentable 6" machine then you are not going to lose much if any money.

Worth a look

TW 125 - nice small machine, 5" intake, easy to push about

Entec Ch25PH - petrol engine makes them cheaper to buy than the diesel equivalent

6" greenmech

Thanks Guys

I'm only starting off small I won’t be taking on huge dismantling jobs mostly cleaning, reductions and thinning work etc so would a 4" be ok the rest I want to be for log production for extra cash anyway just want to get rid of the green stuff.

I think you should have a look at the "shreks wee chipper" thread.

I think its about 6 million pages long but the first couple should help :001_smile:

Your original post asks for a comparison between two totally different machines with very little in common. Read the thread from Shreks Wee Brother about micro chippers. That mainly deals with two very similar machines. BTW a CS100 is about £3,500 plus vat, call Jeremy Smithers on 07795 451159 if you want to see one going, he works out of the Soham office of CBL at times

timberwolf all the way.

i find them easy to work on (maintain )

and def get a rollerfeed. i started with a 5 inch gravity feed and they should be illegal as the vibration is awful as your shoving them in.

play with your budget, id rather have a good 6 inch roller feed timberwolf and a crap van, with some home made mods for sides of the van.

infact id go as far as saying id rather have a good chipper and not be able to afford a tippping van than the other way round.

josharb87 is so right about the demos i had three leave it with me for the day demos and saved me a fortune in hire costs before i bought!

Edited by jonathan hall

Timberwold and greenmech are both good machines, i run a 9" greenmech and have no worries about buying another, Go for at least a 5" roller fed machine then you can do the bigger jobs, why limit yourself straight away to the work you can do simply because you have a small machine.

I'd rather think "what is my budget" for a chipper, then see whats about within budget. To go for advice on different makes just ends up in "mine's better than yours" comments. Personally, I have a Jensen tow behind 518, and a "micro" 4" Jo-Beau, both are good chippers, and good machines to start out with.