Arb show feedback

john andrews

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was quite apparent that the no's attending was boosted by people that were visiting the arboretum and went to the show sight seeing. Of course it entertained the kids:001_rolleyes:At times in some of the main sales tents I was bouncing of people with prams and kids that had no interest in the trade, just curiosity:001_rolleyes: At times they made the food queues longer and filled the seating areas.

In my opinion the entry to the show should be completely separate then things would be more realistic.

Disappointed Honey bros and Jones's weren't there because I was looking to purchase a mid range saw and maybe with a bit more competition the sellers that did attend would of sharpened their pencils a bit more because as far as I could see the prices were little different to normal day to day internet/ phone prices.

Yeah, ya should have to show your Arb tickets before they let you in to these shows.

sharpen pencils!!!

That's what dealers do on the internet.:001_rolleyes:

The days of getting deals at shows are well over.

The days of getting deals at shows are well over.

About ten years ago.

Internet price wars mean that at the shows all you can do is save yourself the inconvenience of waiting in for a delivery.

To expect the sellers to bring the shop to you, set up and pay for the pitch, pack up and transport all the unsold goods back again...why would they bother? It's just a loss leader.

This year for me the show was about talking to all the grinder dealers, talking specs, prices and deals and looking at the machines in the flesh.

Got to catch up with a few Arbtalkers (Silky Fox and the lesser spotted Mr. Plogs to name but a few!). I've now changed my intended pre show grinder purchase which I wouldn't have done without the show.

Regards,

Steve.

I went on Friday and had a great day ,for one the food was much better which has been a problem in the past , caught up with some old faces for a chinwag and speak to people face to face you speak on the phone with ,got some goodies I can't wait to try out once I'm fit again . Have to agree perhaps a little more attention from suppliers as I am looking to upgrade both chippers and most didn't seem too interested apart from chatting between themselves . On the whole a well organised interesting show .

I think the cost of pitches for shows reduces the chances of getting bargains. I believe the cost of getting a pitch for a hot food van is something like £10k for a big show...

I can't see the profit margins for things like chainsaws being huge in the first place.