hitch climber v lockjack

Dilz

The tachyon is one of the least bouncy ropes ive ever climbed on! Hardly any stretch at all and its very light! The lock jack works well on larger diameter ropes as it comes with 2 different size clutches. I found it works well on elderid x-perience rope and yale xtc. The clutches last along time also or mine have done at least.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tachyon rope?? thats new england isnt it - istantly put off that due to past experiences ith new england ropes - found them far too dynamic, if i had to pull myself up a big tree after cmming back down or throw lineing i would be knackered and only be 3 inches off the ground after having g to take up all the slack! i take it lockjacks arent too good on larger diameter ropes then?

Tachyon :thumbup::thumbup:

Lockjack can work well with larger diameter ropes just need to change to the correct sized clutch.

hitch climber is a wicked piece of kit. cheap by comparison to the lockjack, dynamic in that it can be use for a variety of things including gear haulage, suplementary anchor points, re-routing your climbing line etc. i sometimes use it as an anchor point for larger saws to keep the saw lanyard central and prevent it snagging. ive used a lock jack and it does have some excellent advantages in that it will never slip when body thrusting/footlocking the tail but i find it less flexible when it comes to general movement around the crown. hard to get it right when doing dynamic swings and the like. hitch climber and v.t. get my vote!

Spiderjack for me all the time! Tried a VT and it wasn't for me.

same here but do use a lockjack as well but prefere spider

never got on with vt

you know where you are with metal

vt always messing adjusting ect or does not grip or does not self tend

ive only had limited use on the spiderjack but definetly prefer it ober the lockjack. I still cant give up the hitchclimber though due to its many uses and variety of positions it enables you to work in. i like being able to set my cinch off it like this..

P9220806.jpg.33fe79ff8e0caa0ce27c1b1740b376c6.jpg

i cant let my self give my lockjack a chance. Going up on lockjack is great but going down on it i cant get on with it no matter how long i practice with it. hitch for me :thumbup1:

Same as, just cant get on with moving around a tree on the lock jack, to jumpy for limb walking and descending ,i cant get it to work as fluidly as a vt any way...spend the money on a rope guide instead and you wont regret it....personally although the hitch climber does its job its not really much different from a normal pulley and for me made sit back worse untill i adapted to it!

ive only had limited use on the spiderjack but definetly prefer it ober the lockjack. I still cant give up the hitchclimber though due to its many uses and variety of positions it enables you to work in. i like being able to set my cinch off it like this..

Whats going on here then drew?

very low anchor points so this enabled me to be in between my lanyard and main line without anything crossing over. The PI/blue tongue line was just a belay line attached to my mate who was on the balcony above-if my anchor snapped he could hopefully hold me-this is the building that the plane trees grow into.