Land Ownership

doubledd

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Answer to the op's question....

Go to Land Registry online, do an index search for the land in question by using their maps. This will give all the details they hold on the land and the title numbers. You may then need to get a copy of the title, once you have the title number, to get the land owner details.

This is all done online and costs £2 per search and you get the results immediately. Done it many times myself.

Just one warning, please make sure you are on the genuine Land Registry site as there are many almost similar sites that charge much more than £2 and send you the results during office hours, after doing their own search on the LR site.

I once had an urge to buy a Harley, but it soon passed, and I stuck to my Laverdas, and Ducatis with the occasional British bike thrown in. And I paid for all of them. Someone did drain the petrol out of my Jota once, and on another occasion in Wales someone stole a plug cap off it in broad daylight.

Learnt to ride on a bantam and the my dads golden flash.

My last bikes were a Ducati SS & hayabusa, which got spectacularly written off. If I got something to ride again It would be a bit more sedate!

To download title deed and registered plan which cost £3 each. Search google for "land registry.gov map search and pick result that include ..eservices.gov,

Type postcode in the search box and you will see a list of addresses and an OS map.

Go to the down arrow and change from OS to Birds eye view which is like google earth.

Scroll in to the piece of land you require the info on and tap or mouse click ,zoom until a radio button on the left becomes active and click it....circle should appear on the selected land, if not drag and click till it does.

You should then be given whether any info is being held....not all land is registered but usually is if has changed hands since around 1993.

You have to register and pay before download...make sure you save the file immediately or you will loose it on an ipad...I share the page as an email to myself to Do this.

Screenshot_2017-04-28-20-13-26.jpg.9f1e345f062b6a44f41132219f3d600a.jpg

Slim Reaper - thanks for the details. I was struggling without the birds eye view bit. Unfortunately I can't get a picture but I'm not keen on taking something without asking first anyway :)

They can always say no which is fair enough. I have posted in the firewood forum as I'm also willing to buy roundwood to process myself.

Anyway, there's a nice Harley Davidson parked up the road, it hasn't moved for a couple of months so it must be up for grabs... I'll report back on how I get on:biggrin:

They never made a nice Harley Davidson :lol: There's a reason it's been parked for months, they say that 95% of all Harleys ever made are still on the road.

The other 5% made it home :thumbup: