Avant questions

Brett

mmmmm........

hows the shear for loading trailer, van etc. In my head the rotater has the advantage of being able to load from all angles with the HD log / silage grab from 90 degrees and shear from the rear only ??

No issues loading a trailer. I honestly can't think of any situation where a trailer can't be loaded from the rear, when wanting to load the longest sections possible.

Again aftermarket shears can be found and adapted to fit the Avant.

The rotator isn't particularly good for stacking timber, and to be honest what you describe seems all the benefits of our grab and more.

Yep fair enough, all the grab stuff is great in any case, transforms any outfit i'm sure you would agree.

Looked into other/similar shears through 'Approved Hydraulics'. Very helpful etc, but once you add the avant attahment plate and quick hitch hydraulic adapter, they're basically the same price.

Though if I had the Avant 700 series or alike in the Multione range, it would be worth looking into a beefier shear.

thank you. so not completely useless. which is good. I like the idea of being able to lift it to 2m and bringing it down on stuff. Did you get much material flying into the cab?

No nothing at all hit me. When lifting the mulcher to lower it onto the brambles I just angled it so that it was facing away more. Simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

It was around £1000+ for the tilt rotate grab, obviously the Avant only has one feed so there is some sort of solenoid valve fitted to the grab which you plug into the Avant for power and keep the switch besides you to switch between rotate and grab functions on the joystick or levers, takes a bit of getting used to.

Ah cool, thanks for the reply was trying to work that out !

• 2 weeks later...

I've just had a quote to have made up a fixed grab with rotator to fit. How do you think this would work out? Can you see any issues with this plan, the idea is to meet halfway between shear grab and free hanging rotator.

• 3 weeks later...
I've just had a quote to have made up a fixed grab with rotator to fit. How do you think this would work out? Can you see any issues with this plan, the idea is to meet halfway between shear grab and free hanging rotator.

Why have it fixed. You will have to be positioned just right to pick every bit up.

The thought processes was to be able to grab vertical peices, like a selector grab on a 360. Unlikely to do this after looking into it. Big layout for an experiment.

As previously stated, the tree shear offered by avant is designed to pick out vertical pieces, or indeed whole small trees.

IMG_20160816_125709.jpg.34f09d3791687bf956aebc6241c9bc28.jpg