Problem starting stihl 075

Hunter

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you have to lock the throttle to apply the choke ? Press the interlock and squeeze the trigger then apply the choke and release the trigger to lock it on. Do older models work different ?

Yes they do work different, I think you can just lock the throttle with a wee side button near handle?

I would do as has been suggested. Tip saw and pull over til fuel stops passing out spark plug hole. Probably it's flooded of you've been pulling it over for a while. These saws are knackers and need to be pulled with conviction. It may help if you pull it over softly til you feel it nearly biting, then let the cord back in and give it a good heave. Watch your self as you'll be starting it with throttle lock and no chain brake.

Generally if you can smell fuel out the exhaust you've flooded it.

Sure you'll get it running once you get the technique.

Did you have to pull it over for ages on choke before it fired? If you can get it to run with throttle lock on I would just let it do that for a bit til it's warmed up then click it off and let the revs fall slowly rather than straight down to idle.

Also where did saw come from?

Good luck

Sent from my C6603 using Arbtalk mobile app

On my 075, choke on,pull til it farts, choke off( no throttle) then pull 3 times and boom!

My 051 is the same.

I don't use throttle to start.

Have you tried taking the air filter off and starting it?

When I change air filters, often I need to retune.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

This is a last resort - to get it turning over fast enough...

You could try removing the starter mechanism

then with a powerful battery drill or -

If you know someone with an impact wrench - turn it over with an appropriate socket on the 'gun.

Probably best to start on a lower torque setting as you dont want the nut on the end of the shaft to over tighten/shatter etc..

Took the spark plug out and again it was wet, drained the fuel as per instruction again

And tried but no luck. Tried this three times and every time it will flood and have to drain it again. The saw pulled back with huge force and nearly snapped my finger off.

On my 075, choke on,pull til it farts, choke off( no throttle) then pull 3 times and boom!

My 051 is the same.

I don't use throttle to start.

Have you tried taking the air filter off and starting it?

When I change air filters, often I need to retune.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Tried this also and it did cough but never started.

I am trying all of this without any bar or chain attached to the saw which suppose to be easy.