bigtreedon

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I always do on my jobs because I bought the little Stein first which was more like a porty, so I bought one especially for that. Just carried on using it when I switched to a bollard.

I work with the Sequoia boys a lot, and they never use one with their Treerunner, which makes me wonder if I'm wasting my time, because Danny Mac takes lumps far bigger than anything I do!

Just backup really. If a strap shat itself things could go bad pretty quickly.

Yea well, I realise things have moved on, but that wheel would do at a pinch if you had nothin else to hand.. bearing in mind if the load wasn't to great..

I'd of doubled up on the ratchet strap mind..

And why I'm about it, the circumference of the wheel would be better than today's bollards in some regards due to the size of the thing.... less friction on the rope..

Im with you here, another strap, nothing too heavy & circumfrence provides greater control with improved heat dispersion from friction.

Theres nothing quite like a bit of improvise, adapt & overcome to solve a problem & sure many a man rigged round a crotch to lower limbs well before bollards were around.

The only real issue here is if something went wrong causing damage, injury or worse & all the pointy sticks would be at who ever was in charge.

However, you can have the best kit in the world & some one will some how, manage to make a mess of it all.

N

Im with you here, another strap, nothing too heavy & circumfrence provides greater control with improved heat dispersion from friction.

Theres nothing quite like a bit of improvise, adapt & overcome to solve a problem & sure many a man rigged round a crotch to lower limbs well before bollards were around.

The only real issue here is if something went wrong causing damage, injury or worse & all the pointy sticks would be at who ever was in charge.

However, you can have the best kit in the world & some one will some how, manage to make a mess of it all.

N

:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

N

How I miss the good old days of being shaken around like a rag doll Noel!

I always do on my jobs because I bought the little Stein first which was more like a porty, so I bought one especially for that. Just carried on using it when I switched to a bollard.

I work with the Sequoia boys a lot, and they never use one with their Treerunner, which makes me wonder if I'm wasting my time, because Danny Mac takes lumps far bigger than anything I do!

Just backup really. If a strap shat itself things could go bad pretty quickly.

I am definitely a fan of taking heavy pieces when lowering the ratchet strap that comes with the rc3001 is pretty beefy it's never failed yet long may that last 🖒

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app