New lowering bollard

bigtreedon

There is purpose made rated devices that if u cant afford doing this job in this day and age ur doing something very rong that's what's rong with it 😪

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

Yea well, I realise things have moved on, but that wheel would do at a pinch if you had nothin else to hand.. bearing in mind if the load wasn't to great..

I'd of doubled up on the ratchet strap mind..

And why I'm about it, the circumference of the wheel would be better than today's bollards in some regards due to the size of the thing.... less friction on the rope..

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And why I'm about it, the circumference of the wheel would be better than today's bollards in some regards due to the size of the thing.... less friction on the rope..

You would think so but while keeping the bend radius "rope friendly" is good, too much surface area can be a hindrance.

Big has lots of surface contact and thus friction which can lead to a situation where the object is too heavy to lower without a device but the device provides too much friction, even on a single wrap.

Yea well, I realise things have moved on, but that wheel would do at a pinch if you had nothin else to hand.. bearing in mind if the load wasn't to great..

I'd of doubled up on the ratchet strap mind..

Why would u have nothing else to hand if you are a professional act professional bring the correct equipment what is this obsession with making do do if u are doing a job that requires lowering take a lowering device if u might need one take one job done don't get there think **** I didn't plan correctly I no i will whizz off to the local scrap yard and get a wheel job sorted what a total ridiculous way to work

Why would u have nothing else to hand if you are a professional act professional bring the correct equipment what is this obsession with making do do if u are doing a job that requires lowering take a lowering device if u might need one take one job done don't get there think **** I didn't plan correctly I no i will whizz off to the local scrap yard and get a wheel job sorted what a total ridiculous way to work

well I was thinking if you weren't a fully kitted out tree chopper..

You might have a rope an a chainsaw an nothin else, so needed to think what could be done with whats lying around...

I mean, its been said many a time on here that tree surgeons aught to use cranes and heavy lifting gear to get a tree down as best practice..

Who does that 24/7? no one..

My point being, the wheel thingy is better than nothin at a pinch...

Or, the pics mean't to be funny as a redneck method, but its not really such a bad idea when you think about it... given the limited resources that someone might have...

There's no substitute for a modern, well maintained, tested & certified piece of equipment designed and manufactured to demanding standards, installed and used strictly iaw manufacturers directions. Wouldn't want to give the impression of scrimping on kit!

Something like this for example:

[ATTACH]217934[/ATTACH]

😳🤔

Yes, Thats the one I have..

There's no substitute for a modern, well maintained, tested & certified piece of equipment designed and manufactured to demanding standards, installed and used strictly iaw manufacturers directions. Wouldn't want to give the impression of scrimping on kit!

Something like this for example:

[ATTACH]217934[/ATTACH]

😳🤔

Something wrong with my bollard Kevin 🤔