Dust extractor

woodwizzard

it's an interesting idea and sounds like it should work but you will have one thing to consider and that is the airflow of the model you have in mind.

i can't find anything about the actual air flow on dysons so i don't know what they would be like as a form of suction. the only thing i can find is the airwatt which is not what i need to compare if i were trying to use one to make an extraction unit.

my extraction unit is not the most powerful thing in the world but it does have some decent airflow at 2000m3 per hour.

one thing you will have to consider is that dysons are intended for things like house dust, skin, pollen, mites, spores and general dirt.

will it handle shavings???

I'll be getting a planer thicknesser in the future & will be using an old Dyson.

I've used it with my hand held planer & it worked fine. I like the idea of blending a hoover & a wheelie bin though! 😁

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

A word of warning I have had several of these in the workshop over the years attached to a chop saw, they don't last long IMO, the last one caught fire, no more for me.