Spam on chrome through Arbtalk

stewmo

Well, it does actually.

I wrote a similar script in ASP to stop spambots some years ago & whilst it required the originating IPs it shouldnt be difficult to get that from the web log & if necessary block entire IP ranges. However, Im having my best guess here in the light of almost no technical information.

As for XSS vulnerabilities, Ive lost count of the number of times clients have informed me 'my websites been hacked' when it hasn't. Theyve just allowed an XSS vulnerability to be exploited & unfortunately forum hosting software seems to be their favourite target.

Chromes protection is the weakest when compared with other browsers (I think there remains an open issue for this), IE's slightly better but the best protection comes from using NoScript as recomended in an earlier post & I personally would not use a web browser with out it.

N

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still happening, just had it again. This time it was much harder to get rid of with Ctrl Alt Delete - kept regenerating.

Regards,

Steve.

Use CTRL/Shift and Esc to open task manager then close your browser in processes.

If you look in your history it shows up as

Security Update Error 0xB6317214

13989x3422100-9853x310-virus.com

Sorry, at my wits end with this issue, cannot find the problems nor can anyone else

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I downloaded chrome a few days ago and have been using Arbtalk with no issues or warnings, Just to give it a go to see what will happen. I've kept it plain with no extensions added. Don't know if this helps at all. Has anyone tried uninstalling chrome from their computers and re-installing from fresh??

I've been trying the reverse.

I'm running chrome, no antivirus software of any sort, no firewall etc and I cannot get this issue to occur!

I can make it happen on other websites (CornHub.com (the maize lovers website) is pretty much a guaranteed one) but never on ArbTalk