Fleabay 560xp

Acer Forestry

Is it the recoil jamming or the engine being tight? I usually remove the clutch, sparkplug and flywheel then turn the engine over with the crankshaft stub and see if there is any hindrance, it should be smooth.

Your flywheel may be just catching on the coil but without it on my bench, it is difficult to say.

It may be the mains, the stuffers can become loose or a light seize!

Yeah the old post suggests that the flywheel can catch the coil, but frankly by the time i have bought a bar and sprocket it will already be owing me more than it should, i reckon the seller should just take it back

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it the recoil jamming or the engine being tight? I usually remove the clutch, sparkplug and flywheel then turn the engine over with the crankshaft stub and see if there is any hindrance, it should be smooth.

Your flywheel may be just catching on the coil but without it on my bench, it is difficult to say.

It may be the mains, the stuffers can become loose or a light seize!

Great minds and all that Steve :001_smile:

Its probably pointless me mentioning this as it looks like you are going to return it but it could be something very simple. I had a 560xp in not long ago with the same symptoms. I thought it might be bearing issues as it turned freely to a point, jammed a bit then turned freely again. A piece of chip was jammed into the crankcase behind the flywheel catching on the flywheel every so often. Fleeced the customer for £250, 5 minute repair and everyone is happy :001_smile: Just joking BTW, I only charged £100.:001_tongue:

Depending on how much you paid for the saw it might be worth keeping if it is something silly as a used bar isnt worth much.

I paid 250, the going rate for a second hand, up and running 560 is def that or more, so had it actually been ok and with a bar, it'd be perfectly acceptable at that money. Thing is, we all knock ebay but you can get some cracking stuff at sensible money and some very good saws (going by feedback left) have sold on there recently.

But as far as Skyland's post goes, fair comment about the possibility of a minor problem that is easily fixed, but how about the knackered sprocket- how much would you charge to replace that too? It's all time and grief sorting this out when I should be working

A new rim sprocket will cost you less than a tenner, and it's a 5 minute job to replace it. It's a consumable item, so not too unreasonable to have to replace it on a well used saw.

Stuff like this quickly mounts up though, taking the overall cost out of bargain territory.

A new rim sprocket will cost you less than a tenner, and it's a 5 minute job to replace it. It's a consumable item, so not too unreasonable to have to replace it on a well used saw.

Stuff like this quickly mounts up though, taking the overall cost out of bargain territory.

Yes- any reasonable 18 bar and the sprocket, and there's at least 45 quid gone.