Diesel/heating oil tank - steel or plastic?

scbk

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under a certain volume it doesn't need to be bundled. I get an IBC filled with no issues. A simple phone call to a supplier local to you would confirm it though.

Yes containers of 200 litres or less are exempted from needing to be bunded if stored outside. The picture showed one three times that.

Also I found it difficult to get deliveries of less than 1000 litres and if you are not VAT registered it pays to order less than 2500 litres at a time.

I think it must be different in Scotland, I sure the volume that requires bunded is closer to 5000 litres, might be wrong though.

I had no issues getting 500 litres anyway and they'd have filled old 45 gal drums and that wasn't limited to one company.

Just remember diesel will go bad after a time so you need to order based on usage.

Thanks

Handy thred as now running two tractors my little 450ltr tank is looking rather small!

Company I use also happy to put into drums so get 600 at a time to tip into next price bracket if I got over 1000 it'd be a little cheaper again so might get something a bit bigger soon

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app