Damn right! A MUST READ.

Great point but how does it iron out the deliberate leaving at roadside for obvious reasons?

I "sold" some DF 12s to one of the "usual suspects" last year; 50 tonnes or so. When the self-bill invoice came it showed SS 10' bars @ £7/t less. When queried I got told " you wanted it moving and we could only move it to such and such a mill as bars". Talk about taking the p155.[/quote

The fact they are being charged weekly for 90% of the roadside weight will encourage them to keep it moving. The whole Industry needs a overhaul with how it operates. Why are we being told a contract of works it's us the contractor that should in theory be giving our terms, same as other industries.

All this bullshit FISA has done is allow the big corps to dictate how they will run the industry and because this is happening we are all made to fight for the work. Industry standards need changing as we have with refreshers etc. Why a professional hand cutter doing day after day needs to be told by someone they are doing it wrong when they have less experience is a joke.

All this has down is play into the hands of the big contractor who can float the money as the have the financial backing. Too many small highly skilled gangs are being pushed out because of the lack of regular money and forced to drop out rates to line some else's pocket.

Nothing will change unless the contractors stand together which hasn't and will never happen.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prime example "all accidents are avoidable" She must not leave the house

I happen to believe that to be true.

I agree about "holier than thou" attitudes from HSE and other management that have chosen a career path that puts them beyond any responsibility from actually doing the work, but then I also cannot stand Jeremy Paxman's sanctimonious and arrogant way of presenting the news or quiz programmes.

Donald Mclean is to FISA what Nigel Farage is to the EU. Absolutely sees right through the corruption and ain't afraid of nobody. Fair play.

Yes, good old Donnie, he also wrote the song in this advert, in fact this is his original version. Pity he jacked in the music to concentrate on forestry.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

So its an overproduction problem for milling capacity/ market availability ?

Not really, the timber brokers. like Euroforest, and owners also lose as they often also get paid over the weighbridge. It's just bad management as it means they don't have to tell people to stop producing when they have nothing else to do. It's the reason I always preferred to load flats because if only one came in at least I could go home early.