20" Bar on a 395

huskykev

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah mate don't wanna jinx it though 👍🏻the crank will probably snap next week! She's getting old.

In hindsight I replaced the clutch last year as I've never seen one as worn right down to the metal ! Is this because of the big bar 3/8 combo?

Not that I'm complaining as it's done every big tree I've felled / ringed up for the last 12 years and a lot of milling.

Yeah mate don't wanna jinx it though 👍🏻the crank will probably snap next week! She's getting old.

In hindsight I replaced the clutch last year as I've never seen one as worn right down to the metal ! Is this because of the big bar 3/8 combo?

Not that I'm complaining as it's done every big tree I've felled / ringed up for the last 12 years and a lot of milling.

The clutch has no friction material and are just metal??

They do wear and once the drum has wear, they start slipping a bit, possibly caused by the long bar but more likely it had just seen a life.

Hope you changed the drum as well as the clutch as it usually develops two ridges around it's rim and these are then worn in to the inner drum making it thin and may possibly burst.

Seen it on an old 385 before and a couple of others - it does happen on older kit!

Often toyed with the idea of getting a 395 and letting Spud do the works on it.

I don't need one, but you understand I just want one.

Indeed, theres want, need & wanton need or is it want one need? Along with the mandatory Sugihara bar I presume?

N

Indeed, theres want, need & wanton need or is it want one need? Along with the mandatory Sugihara bar I presume?

N

It's got to be ported and squished , whatever that is. I think the Americans make some of the words up.

I want to need one and one Needs to want one to get one .

It's got to be ported and squished , whatever that is. I think the Americans make some of the words up.

I want to need one and one Needs to want one to get one .

Squish, although it sounds like a pet name for the other half, is in fact the distance from the piston crown to the outer combustion chamber. It is used in two stroke tuning in all formats - chainsaws, boats, bikes, carts etc!