Yanmar compact tractor?

sandspider

Hi all

Still looking for a compact tractor for my small holding. Been offered a yanmar 1600 with new topper for 3000 quid. Tractor has new rear tyres and will be serviced. Seller seems to.know his stuff, and says it all works as it should. I can't see before buying as seller is in Oxford. But the 3k does.include delivery. And he'll demonstrate eebything to me.on delivery.

So, does this seem a fair price? I'd say it's towards the top end, but the tractor does looks reasonable. Are yanmars decent reliable and long lasting machines? I put them as a bit below Kubota in terms of desirability and reliability, but not sure why!

Thanks for any thoughts.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit off on a tangent but might be an alternative option....

Did a job at a local private school. They had a tidy little compact for general duties around the estate and I got chatting to the Bursar about it.

They bought one of those Chinese build it yourself tractor in a crate jobbies and the tech master supervised the project as the privileged little darlings put it together and fired it up. Did a good job too.

Left me thinking, if I was ever in the market for a low cost GD compact, I would get in touch with the school and see if they were interested in running another engineering project to put it together.

A kind of through life synergy with the child labour that built the components in China and no prospect of a prosecution for exploitation of cheap child labour in the U.K.....

Everyone's a winner!

yanmar are one of the largest small engine and tractor manufacturers in the far east......nothing wrong with there kit. my little ym1300 pulls trees out places you wouldnt believe, gearing perfectly matched to the engine. they were around before kubota, and probably will be long after they go

Yanmar tractors are bomb proof , I paid £2700 plus vat seven years ago for a YM 1810D 21.5 hp 4wd with power shuttle box and it's been a absolute diamond , earns it's keep mowing .

Correct me if I am wrong but John Deere compacts are Yanmar .

Ste

Edited by IVECOKID