Long over due

County 764

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the claims made by the whistleblower was that a farmer was aiming to collect about £1m over 20 years for heating an empty shed.

The whistleblower also claimed large factories that had previously not been heated were using the scheme to install boilers with the intention of running them throughout the year to collect about £1.5m over 20 years.

Ye or this money could go to something useful like supporting children with cancer, worlds messed up!! cash in when you can

The flaws started with solar PV FiT being too high - evidenced by the proliferation of "fit it for free, you have the leccy, we'll have the FiT" companies and the simultaneous reductions in price of PV supply and fit when the tariff reduced (some reduction can be attributed to advances in manufacturing process and equipment efficiency but not so much as to justify the price reductions that were apparent.)

The flaws continued with the role out of commercial RHI which was so generous it led to a proliferation of (what I think of) as spurious and nefarious installations intended to take advantage of the payback rather than genuinely reduce CO2 emissions (I'm afraid, by my reckoning, stand alone firewood kilns fall into this bracket.)

Partial correction was achieved by the delayed roll out, reduced tariff level and shorter term of the domestic RHI and the subsequent reductions and tightening of eligibility criteria for PV FiT.

What a cracking example of civil servants making a complete horlicks of a business process. They had the money allocated from government, the facilities, the (so called) expertise and the strategy and yet it's still turned out a complete farce with no accountability for public money wasted and no doubt a slack hand full of promotions and H&As for the top brass.

Heaven forbid any of these muppets ever venture into the private sector where they'd be spending their own money and be held accountable for their ineptitude!

If you want to balls it up - give it to someone that has nothing to lose and won't be held to account!

As a foot note, I'm running solar PV, solar thermal & biomass so, yes I am drawing down some of those funds but all my generation capacity goes into a reduced CO2 footprint and is designed to suit my domestic 'need' rather than being designed to maximise funding.

PS, that's just my view on it, others may differ!

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe

Yep I agree the salesman looked at me like I was an alien when I said that I thought a 200kw biomass boiler was a bit large to heat a medium size farmhouse,it's not about the size of the house it's the Rhi payment,it will pay for its self in five years he said,I thanked him and walked off bemused what I would do with a boiler that size.