Annoying Things Guys Do On Site

Haironyourchest

Smokers.

Queuing at the chipper when there is brush still in the garden.

Yelling from the top of the tree: "Just found a pigeon nest!".

Dog poo.

Driving the truck like they stole it. Wouldn't do it if they paid for it!

Groundies that leave the chipper on full throttle when there's nothing happening. Wouldn't do it if they paid for it!

Continuing to use a saw with a slack chain. Wouldn't do it if they paid for it!

Fuelling tools in the wrong place. Wouldn't do it if they paid for the consequence!

Using the metal rake like a shovel. Wouldn't do it if they paid for it!

Using the plastic rake on the driveway. Wouldn't do it if they paid for it!

Using the metal rake when they should use the broom!

Using the plastic rake when the should……………...

Is there a page 2 Al? :lol:

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't need any help. I'm a subbie more than doing my own jobs these days. I see lads stood about when work is to be done, the same lads want to know what time they will be 'getting off'. Then they wonder why main contractors only want to pay sh1t money. They don't help themselfs.

It's not so much getting annoyed it's about folk thinking they are owed a living.

I take your point and the help comment wasn't directed at you specifically, but in all seriousness if people are stressed to the level they seem to be where even the smallest thing is attracting their attention then their health is at risk and they need to sort it, if that means they need to let staff go then so be it.

What's starting to come across in this thread is that some people believe themselves to be perfection personified, faultless and beyond reproach and everyone else is useless/lazy/careless/clueless. As for the pay issue, Chicken and Egg comes to mind.

When someone uses the term 'Unforgivable' to describe rolling a ciggie regardless of how long they've sat in the truck on route then I'm sorry but that's Bull$hit IMO.

Edited by R Mac

FFS!! that'll take about 30 seconds :001_rolleyes:

Yeah, 30 seconds while the site manager is waiting to induct us, I'm allocating tasks to different climbers as well as trying to get my own kit sorted.

I got 'grumpy' twenty years ago, for all the 'faults' that everyone else is high-lighting. It wears ya down in time, watching gear (your own and others) get damaged and destroyed, needless costs incurred by carelessness, thoughtlessness and 'it ain't mine so I don't care attitude' by lads (not saying all) whose only real interest is basically getting home each evening and paid on Friday night.

And before you ask, I'm not a boss, I have been and also been a subbie climber and a local authority team climber. I've been around a bit in the last thirty years.

Yeah, 30 seconds while the site manager is waiting to induct us, I'm allocating tasks to different climbers as well as trying to get my own kit sorted.

I got 'grumpy' twenty years ago, for all the 'faults' that everyone else is high-lighting. It wears ya down in time, watching gear (your own and others) get damaged and destroyed, needless costs incurred by carelessness, thoughtlessness and 'it ain't mine so I don't care attitude' by lads (not saying all) whose only real interest is basically getting home each evening and paid on Friday night.

And before you ask, I'm not a boss, I have been and also been a subbie climber and a local authority team climber. I've been around a bit in the last thirty years.

I guess I could moan a bit myself, maybe the ciggie thing is the straw that broke the camels back, in your case and mine :biggrin:

I think we need a thread about the good stuff and good attitude otherwise it's going to end up with everyone depressed, the ones who have to deal with poor standards of work and the ones who feel that no matter what they do it'll be a fault.

Sorry if I was a bit reactive, you just happened along at the wrong time :blushing:

It's just a general moan thread, nothing wrong with that.

No need for dramas.

You don't think it's getting a bit moany for it's own sake?

Maybe it's just a way to let off steam, maybe my response was just an alternative :001_smile:

Anyway, to all, enjoy the weekend, it's all to deal with again next week

:biggrin: