What changed

eggsarascal

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Depends on whether you're an Afghan, Syrian, Iraqi, Ukrainian or Yemeni, don't it?

I know the homeless population in the USA has exploded, that we're twenty tril in debt.

That half our population thinks our president elect represents the epitome of predatory capitalism incarnate.

What you seem to be implying is that the PNAC lads, ain't so bad?

Jomoco

Watch closely as Trump morphs into George Junior just like friggin obama did.

Poor Hillary's been through enough, we shall look forward, not behind, certain criminals are beyond the law's reach, the course set in motion by GWB n company, must be stayed, at any cost.

Today's so called conservatives don't actually believe in conserving anything, be it life, liberty, money, oil, clean air or oceans for goodness sakes.

Jomoco

Is the world really in such a state? I certainly do not think its so bad and I enjoy my life.

My earlier post about life in the 60's was about a period only 20 years after WW2 when the world really had been in a sorry state. Financial recover in the post war years was slow but everyone made the best of it.

Everyone bleats on about how bad things are now, but I can honestly say I think we have never had it so good.

The council street I grew up on had about 40 houses and only about 10 cars, now there is no room to park. Every house has at least 2 cars.

Everyone, no matter how poor they claim to be has a mobile phone.

Most people have just about everything they want, not just what they need.

I went shopping in Exeter on Sunday. Just to see the amount of people in the streets, the amount of cars in the car parks, the quality of clothes that the people wear, the make up and hair on the girls, the number of smart phones in peoples hands, the amount of goods going through the tills and then the thousands of people drinking and eating in the hundreds of food and drink outlets just proves to me that there is very little austerity and a great deal of prosperity.

Driving back through Marsh Barton, the new car mecca of the UK just shows the massive market for cars.

Then the massive amount of cars outside the equally impressive number of out of town superstores.

I have never seen anything like this before. Even though I enjoyed my slightly impoverished upbringing, I kind of envy the life that my kids and grandkids lead now on lower incomes than my parents had.

We ain't doing so bad on the whole, and we, as a country, would do a lot better if we stopped moaning.

This point is what I was trying to relay to my Dad recently... Also throw into the mix the fact that people with cash aren't getting any return from banks and have been buying property with it to achieve rental returns to replace what they would have earned from interest rates from days gone by (5% etc).

I should imagine the vast overcrowding and over population in this country hasn't helped with wages either.... so many people happy to work for lower wages just to have a job. Just google 'Tree surgeon' in your local area and see how many there are!!!!!!

Especially down your way Pete, check out yelliw pages and thats not popular anymore!!

Today's so called conservatives don't actually believe in conserving anything, be it life, liberty, money, oil, clean air or oceans for goodness sakes.

Jomoco

Aint that the truth.

Is it not just the old rose tinted glasses scenario, i.e. everything seemed better as a child?

Surely life is what you make it, personally there is no way I would want to live 50 our 100 years ago.

Whereas I would have snapped yer hand off to live then.

No, it isn't rose tinted. Over 1/3 of the population on anti-deppresants will testify to that.

Materially well off maybe but utterly miserable.

Is the world really in such a sorry state? Compared to 10, 50 or 500 years ago?

I think it's where it's going is the big issue.

Population numbers, financial markets (specifically national debts world wide), depletion of the earths resources, pollution, increasing intolerance of anyone with a view contrary to own no matter what it may be, all these things and many more are on courses which are utterly unsustainable in even the medium never mind long term.

Even a wee tiny chick has the sense not to sh1t in it's own nest, Homo Sapiens just doesn't seem to be similarly endowed.

Is it not just the old rose tinted glasses scenario, i.e. everything seemed better as a child?

Surely life is what you make it, personally there is no way I would want to live 50 our 100 years ago.

50 years ago would be alright, Stella was invented in 1926.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk