Top Posters In This Topic

A Quadchip but made of meatier stuff.

Ours was a very early model.

I'd want:

Bigger better bearings.

Metal grease tubes.

Upgraded axles.

Better hatches.

Centre of gravity, very biased towards the rear, easy to tip up when pushing by hand or applying the hand brake on a slope.

It was never the towing weight I was bothered about.

Turntable flexibility with a reasonably low weight.

I love our Quadchip but it has been a sore trial at times with one thing after another even with the excellent support of G.M.

Ty

i just wanted to down weight. my old machine was 1300 kg and quite wide plus gettin git into the warehouse each night was mega anoying as i had to take the chute off every night so wanted to down size. thaknks fro the advice tho chaps

Its a good discussion to have as they cost a lot of money and you need to find what suits you best

Does no one ever consider jensen? What about vermeer?

That's a good point although I always think of Forsts as Jensons. Also what about Bandits small chippers are they anything like their bigger chippers? Wonder if you have to wait over a year to get hold of one of those.

Didnt quad chip owners have to put an extension on the chute to get it to stop chip dribbling at the back of the motor?

Definitely not a problem with my old 1, could happily pack even wet greenery against the headboard of the RB and apart from a bit of chipper poo under the machine never made any mess on the ground.

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app