Stupid or Insurance Claim??

hamdogg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are generally idiots regarding trees or the risks from them. The car owner would probably deny all knowledge of the tree and didn't understand why the bins were in the road.

The tree owner should have contacted the council or highways department to close the road until someone dealt with it, but probably didn't even think to. Overall we work with trees, day in and day out, and have a very different view of things compared to mr and mrs Joe Public.

I thought I'd seen a fair share of stupidity over the years but since I've been doing the school run I've come to realise it genuinely IS unlimited.

It may be that the car owner "always" parks there. An unexploded WW2 bomb wouldn't put them off. People are so unbelievably tunnel visioned!

You are 100% right,

I'm hardly surprised, think about the amount of alder (and other species) about the country growing at bizarre angles maybe they thought, if they even noticed it, that it was normal. The homeowner did something which is good, it's down to the quality of the legal eagle types on either side of any argument as to whether they were deemed to have done enough.

Let's face it we aren't issued as property owning or renting individuals a set of actions to follow in given circumstances and to be held accountable for adhering to.

That said the car owner is clearly a bit dim and lacking in imagination!

I went out to a call out today, the tree had been like this since late last night, wasn't till this morning when the owners saw it!

They put some bins out to try and stop people parking underneath the tree, not long after the person who owns the car in the picture, moved the bins to park there car directly under the tree??

Really stupid or has this person got any other idea!!? 470a91cbfb84e37aa988c3e8f13b8ddd.jpg

is that off the big hill in to silsden.

maybe the car owner is blind, maybe he's hoping it comes down and he gets a new car, all I know is joe public are idiots, was doing traffic watch on a job the other week, two guys reducing the crowns on mature ash overhanging a road, and me on the ground stopping traffic when a chunk was being dropped. You'd think if you saw a guy in full chainsaw gear and high viz vest standing in the middle of the road giving a clear 'stop' hand signal and two more guys up trees with chainsaws you'd think "better stop here a moment", but no, the amount of times people drove round me, sometimes over a big chunk of brash which fell and they got to it before me:confused1: