stihl or husky

Stephen Blair

n reality i dont really get the brand loyalty, they both make good models and complete dogs, I know there are people that love their ms260s I personally hate them, doesnt feel comfortable of quick when using it compared to the 346xp. but i hate the feel of the big husky 3120 compared to the stihls 084/088

top handles stihl

40-80cc husky

100cc+ stihl

I hear ya Charlie. Apart from my 66, which is the nuts.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i,used to have an 076 was bloody happy when it blew up :001_tongue: then got a stomping 064 :thumbup1: top saw then some smackhead nicked it had 3, ms660 still got 1.other 2 got you guest it nicked ,had husky 365 very good saw but some smackhead nicked that too had some 350,s would eat a ms260 for breaky then spit it out , then had 20+ saws & 5 differant chains to buy so stuck to stihl & only got 2 chain sizes now :thumbup:god that sounds boring:laugh1:

full wrap and half wrap are where the handle extends over the top as per the below pic of a half wrap ms460 rescue saw

half wraps are 'normal' style handles, stihl factory wrap handles are know as 3/4wrap, husky and some aftermarket stihl wrap handles are full wrap (as they go all the way around)...

pedantic maybe... but true:001_tongue:

btw. if you ever want to build your dream PNW logging saw, i'll sort you a loop or two of full skip chain, got half a roll tucked away somewhere:thumbup1:

half wraps are 'normal' style handles, stihl factory wrap handles are know as 3/4wrap, husky and some aftermarket stihl wrap handles are full wrap (as they go all the way around)...

sorry my bad, your right there, i meant 3/4 wraps on my dream ms460 :thumbup: