Potus ???

TimberCutterDartmoor

Next POTUS?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Next POTUS?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump

So, saying that I dont believe in God means I wont listen to others opinions now?

Opps yes I forgot, the basis of many religions is to deny all others and try to convert them. Touché

Well firstly, hate and intolerance are not compatible with a Christian approach to life. Anyone who lives their life in this way but claim to have found the Lord at the same time, are most likely claiming to be something that they are not.

That's a reflection of them, not a Christian way of life.

By contrast, read many of the posts here aimed at those who do believe. Mocking, insulting, spiteful, a desire to cram as much unashamed derision into a sentence as is possible.

So tell me, where is the intolerance?

BigJ

I believe that many people are religious as they are unable to reconcile the nature of human existence. It is short, pointless and for many, needlessly cruel. Acceptance of that fact won't necessarily make you any happier, but it will at least be realistic!

A bit bleak but true none the less......

Big J,

If rigorous scientific research proved than humans had an innate need for religion, myth and illusion would you still be a miserable atheist?

Why would one follow the other...... if science did prove all those things, then all it would do is prove all of those things...

It wouldn't stop one being an atheist.... it would just explain why people might become religious would it not?..

And, what is being miserable to with anything?...

It's seems to me that a few of the "science has buried God" camp on here are writing cheques that current scientific knowledge just cannot cash.

No-one has been able to re-create "life"

No one has ever been able to create "something" out of nothing.

I can fully understand that people don't want to believe in a creative intelligence (even though they possess a form of one themselves).

I can also understand why people do want to put their faith in a creator.

Throwing insults about gets us nowhere.

I have friends that are atheists, I have friends that are Christian, Muslim, Seikh etc. I also have friends that are Gay. Republican and Liberal (not at the same time)

Christianity as I understand and study it tells me I should love my neighbour.

Well firstly, hate and intolerance are not compatible with a Christian approach to life. Anyone who lives their life in this way but claim to have found the Lord at the same time, are most likely claiming to be something that they are not.

By contrast, read many of the posts here aimed at those who do believe. Mocking, insulting, spiteful, a desire to cram as much unashamed derision into a sentence as is possible.

Couldn't agree more. Irrespective of my leaning.

Can I suggest you re-read the Old Testament.

It is very difficult to imagine a more hateful, intolerant, insecure and misguided individual than Yahweh. Supposedly the perfect example of grace and good that all Christians should aspire to.

And before you counter that you follow the teachings of JC instead. According to Christian teachings JC, the Holy Spirit and God are all one and the same. God sent himself to be killed to repent for the sins of the people He created and has full control over.

Surely you can agree that this is completely bonkers?

It's seems to me that a few of the "science has buried God" camp on here are writing cheques that current scientific knowledge just cannot cash.

No-one has been able to re-create "life"

No one has ever been able to create "something" out of nothing.

I can fully understand that people don't want to believe in a creative intelligence (even though they possess a form of one themselves).

I can also understand why people do want to put their faith in a creator.

Throwing insults about gets us nowhere.

I have friends that are atheists, I have friends that are Christian, Muslim, Seikh etc. I also have friends that are Gay. Republican and Liberal (not at the same time)

Christianity as I understand and study it tells me I should love my neighbour.

Good stuff Timon, excellent even.

Keep your powder dry, and your mind open.

Jomoco