Potus ???

TimberCutterDartmoor

Next POTUS?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Next POTUS?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump

Mr. Trump ran a hard campaign against seasoned politicians and Won the election. Really no point beating yourself up on the distink possibility that you may not be an idiot and Mr Trump may prove yet to be a successful PODUS. If you are correct and President Elect Trump meets your expectations than the only people to really blame would be the voting public that elected him to the highest office in the land.

I honestly can't expect most people that have partisipated in this thread to understand American politics and that is fine since I believe the lessons to be learned in the future will I hope reap many benefits and rewards

between our Two countries and peoples. Time will tell as always.

easy-lift guy

Now I'm really confused. Is D next to T on your keyboard?

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd agree that he appears to benefit from a freedom of thinking unlike that of the career politicians who are constrained through decades of peer mimickery promotions and institutionalised routine which acts as a disincentive to initiative and non-conformist manoeuvrability.

Do you really believe that Kevin? I'm not convinced that you do!

Nobody has a clue what Trump will be like, if I said a year ago that Trump should be POTUS, you'd have said I was a idiot, you'd be right!

Excuse the jumping backwards and forwards between UK / US, but I'm applying (my) UK logic to express my interpretation of the US situation - may be appropriate, maybe not but it's all I have so that's what I'll use.

Take it in 2 parts Mull,

Take the second part first - Are our politicians constrained through decades of peer mimickery promotions and institutionalised routine which acts as a disincentive to initiative and non-conformist manoeuvrability?

Do I believe that - yes, absolutely. It's an endemic, systemic affliction of the Public Sector. Just a quick example off the top of my head, take Jacob Rees-Mogg (no really, take him....) One of the smartest and most capable of MPs but no cabinet position - why, because he is non-conformist, too smart and considered a potential threat to superiors rather than a lap dog to be promoted and controlled.

And then, has Trump achieved his current position through climbing the political ladder of compromise, double deals, butt kissing and brown nosing? No. So his thinking is not constrained by that career path / system.

Nobody has a clue what Trump will be like..... Not sure I totally agree, it is becoming clearer with each passing day.

Seems to me the realities of the situation might just be dawning on our Donald...

It might have even been explained that globalisation is really a very good idea in the long run..

What might be a better idea is Europe and America might be better off with a trade agreement betwixt the two.. Canada Australia and New Zealand might be included.. A Euro America plus trade deal..

I'm sure after a little reflection and expert opinion whispered in his ear that Trump will come to his senses and prognosticate on such great Idea once he settles in...

Meanwhile back in Blighty, it might just begin to dawn on the lunatic fringe that leaving Europe is just so much trouble its just to much to be goin on with, and begin to admit the error of their ways....

Oh Boris admitting he isn't opposed to freedom of movement personally and David Davis letting it be known we might have to keep paying in to Europe after all...

Is the shift being sounded out as we speak?...

Hey Vesp!

What about just simply returning to set precedents that worked just fine n dandy?

Like only trading with countries whose standards either met or exceeded our own?

Protecting the rights of a countries lowest strata of citizens just as zealously as the highest?

Instead sellin their livelihoods overseas n borders for pennies on the dollar?

How friggin far in debt do we have to be before you staunch conservatives determine cutting taxes is counterproductive n suicidal in terms of solving our fiscal woes?

Jomoco