Potus ???

TimberCutterDartmoor

Next POTUS?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Next POTUS?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump

If God does exist and he is just, righteous and perfect then surely he would punish wrongdoing.

If someone killed your children and the killer went before a judge, wouldn't you expect the judge to punish the perpetrator?

With his flood God killed countless children, along with their supposedly sinful parents and all land dwelling life, who will punish God for this?

After carrying out this atrocity, he instructed Noah to slaughter more animals and burn them as a sacrifice to him, God found the smell of their burning bodies to be a "restful oder"

Not my idea of righteous, just, perfect or loving:thumbdown:

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 10 commandments for example could be dramatically improved upon by any mildly competent individual. The first 4 of the most important list of moral values are used up to boost God's already grossly inflated ego.

Why is an all powerful one true God so bloomin insecure?

And why does an intelligent man like yourself feel the need to mock the concept?

Having total belief in something that there is no definitive proof of is not easy, I won't try to deny that, it's a path that few can stick with. So then why deride anyone with the strength of mind to be able to achieve it?

I don't think it's necessary to become a monk or nun to follow the path of the Lord, but I certainly wouldn't be scornful of them for doing so.

My favourite is Numbers 31, the Vengance on the Midianites. I love to "ask" the Jehova's Witnesses to 'clarify' this chapter for me when they call - to recap:

9 And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle, and all their flocks, and all their goods.

10 And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt, and all their goodly castles, with fire.

11 And they took all the spoil, and all the prey, both of men and of beasts.

12 And they brought the captives, and the prey, and the spoil, unto Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and unto the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the camp at the plains of Moab, which are by Jordan near Jericho.

13 And Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and all the princes of the congregation, went forth to meet them without the camp.

14 And Moses was wroth with the officers of the host, with the captains over thousands, and captains over hundreds, which came from the battle.

15 And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive?

16 Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the Lord in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the Lord.

17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. (!!!) Holy mackerel, Andy!

Edited by Haironyourchest

And why does an intelligent man like yourself feel the need to mock the concept?

Having total belief in something that there is no definitive proof of is not easy, I won't try to deny that, it's a path that few can stick with. So then why deride anyone with the strength of mind to be able to achieve it?

I don't think it's necessary to become a monk or nun to follow the path of the Lord, but I certainly wouldn't be scornful of them for doing so.

Surely the absolute belief in something for which there is no proof whatsoever is the cornerstone of psychosis?

Common decency and humanitarianism tells exactly the same thing. Picking and choosing your morals from very eclectic divine commandments is a dangerous path IMO.

The 10 commandments for example could be dramatically improved upon by any mildly competent individual. The first 4 of the most important list of moral values are used up to boost God's already grossly inflated ego.

Why is an all powerful one true God so bloomin insecure?

There's always the distinct possibility he's got better things to do than babysit?

Jomoco

For exactly the same reason that you should mock me if I was to declare that I believed in leprechauns and there was a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow.

I would quite rightly be a laughing stock.

The reality is that belief in leprechauns and belief in a God carry exactly the same amount of true evidential weight.

If some scientifically verifiable evidence came to light which proved the existence of God I would become a 'believer' in an instant. It would be ridiculously easy for an omnipotent God to offer conclusive proof of His existence. Either He chooses to remain hidden, condemning most of his supposedly beloved creations to a fiery eternity in hell (making him despicably evil), or he doesn't exist.