What work vehicle to go for?

AdamL

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a subby climber and I have a LWB transit connect with a roof rack. you can fit loads in it. Hedgecutters, rakes, saws, rigging kit,2 full ton bags and more and a have a roof rack for ladders. the passenger seat even folds flush with the floor if you have an unusual load you need to get in. i'm very pleased with it and it looks tidy for turning up to jobs or quotes etc. 2007 twin side loading door 1.8 tdci think its 90hp. Worked out the costs and it was loads less than a 4x4 i recommend getting something similar sized for starting out.

'04 60 HP Kangoo here, 1.5 lt dCi. Its rated to tow a ton, breaked, but I don't think the 1.5 will really do that in reality. I only tow half a ton max. Its slow, you have to use the gears, Im a slow-coach anyway so doesn't bother me, but on a motorway there will be problems, unless you like to stick it in second and boot it, taking the revs to 4000, which I personally feel is abuse.

Cant you get these new engines remapped for more HP? Or does that just increase the revs across the gear range and knacker the engine faster?

Seems happy to tow half a ton at 30mph in fourth gear on the flat at about 2000 rippums.

The Kangoo is brilliant because the passenger seat folds away, mesh bulkead swivels and you get another 5-6 square feet of storage.

One thing - and its a big one - the back doors on the older kangoo will not open when a trailer is attached. Don't know if the new ones are different.

I just bought us a Mercedes Citan as a run about quote slash support van with the 1.5dci engine, its basically a Renault Kangoo with a Merc badge cheap as chips to buy very economical and nippy, i doubt it would have trouble tugging a 6" chipper around or a light trailer, you can always specify a sliding side door.

We looked at VW and Ford Connect but they are pricey.

If you want to do a bit of everything, as I do I'd go for a van.

Much more secure for mowers and Strimmer's ect. More importantly your kit is out of sight.

I did have lwb hi top tranny, don't get me wrong when it was packed right I could get a load of stuff in that thing but it gets a bit disheartening when you have to drag it all out again at the end of the day.

I now have a Citroen relay and tipper trailer, its good on fuel although a bit under powered pulling a loaded trailer up hill.

The trailer is a dream to unload too.[emoji2] 81cf0a3a1738a6938bee5546c34210ba.jpg

Sent from my BV6000 using Arbtalk mobile app