Am I missing something?

delabodge

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A suby climber can get away with a top handle and a 46, spikes, harness, strop and rope.

So £1500 isn't far off, it can be second hand.

The more you buy the less you are making because it will be expected to be part of your kit at the same price.

What one can get away with is not always the best way though I personally don't think I have thousands of pounds in saws and kit but it depends on what my client on the day needs from me if they are a small outfit with minimal kit I can supply everything's from saws to bollards ropes rigging kit if it's crane work sena head sets but all this alters my price if u only need a climber to Cum top a hedge or run round a tree with a hand saw doing 10% reductions then yes minimum kit is fine if u have all ur own kit as a company and just need a lad to do the climbing then again price can be altered and my stuff can stay home but personally I like my saws they are sharp run correctly and my lowering kit I no everything I will need to remove a tree I have and I trust it not got nicks in ropes or they forgot whatever it is u need when u are half way through the tree that's only my opinion though 🖒

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

What one can get away with is not always the best way though I personally don't think I have thousands of pounds in saws and kit but it depends on what my client on the day needs from me if they are a small outfit with minimal kit I can supply everything's from saws to bollards ropes rigging kit if it's crane work sena head sets but all this alters my price if u only need a climber to Cum top a hedge or run round a tree with a hand saw doing 10% reductions then yes minimum kit is fine if u have all ur own kit as a company and just need a lad to do the climbing then again price can be altered and my stuff can stay home but personally I like my saws they are sharp run correctly and my lowering kit I no everything I will need to remove a tree I have and I trust it not got nicks in ropes or they forgot whatever it is u need when u are half way through the tree that's only my opinion though 🖒

The more stuff you accumulate the better equipped you are when you make the leap to get and do your own work. (Which you should be aiming for IMO)

The more stuff you accumulate the better equipped you are when you make the leap to get and do your own work. (Which you should be aiming for IMO)

I already do some of my own mick I unfortunately live in a area that is saturated with tree company's and they all run around doing work for f all so other than moving wear I live which my other half and children aren't up for at all I have found mixing contract climbing and doing my own stuff the best way but I should push my own work for definite it's something that's been on my mind more and more recently paddle own as I remember someone saying 😉