barrier H for ragwort

hedgesparrow

well was asked to spot treat a field with this product was sceptible as was only able to by from the company and its a bit for joe public.

well i spot treated the field very little in it but then tried in my paddock on a dozen plants to see if it was as good as they claim. well treated at 11am checked at 4pm ragwort was brown and shriveled up. tried it on some docs. its made them look a bit icky dick. as yet waiting to see if they die off be good if it does.

as for rag well i have never seen a product kill this quick. its safe to use only need gloves and boots no suit. only drawback the gun they supply is next to usless so will put in a handheld sprayer.

only thing it does say is keep livestock out for 14 days not because of chemical but because of the ragwort being dead and needing to disapear.:thumbup:

It'll take more than 14 days for the ragwort to disappear....

...and this is the rub, as it desiccates it becomes more palatable, so animals eat it, this is why it is dangerous in hay. When green the animals avoid it.

So even if the plant is dead animals should not graze the field.

Also it's a biennial so the plants you see flower this year were seeded two seasons ago and the ones that are just rosettes this year will flower next.

I would prefer to pull it the old fashioned way. However I guess its down to the amount that there is involved etc.

Is the spray expensive?

i paid £35 for 5lts but had to buy two thats the drawback the normal chemical boys do not stock it so its either barrier h or fllebay to buy it.

but its good stuff. you say it made yo bad. have to say after i sprayed it i had a sore throat. makes me think its a mask job. so not as nice as they make it out to be. but kills rag. saves pulling the stuff.