The End of Gas for new homes

Gillsgardening

Following a conversation with my local stove installer he informed me that from 2016 new homes will no longer be supplied with a gas main, I didn't believe it until further research which it appears to be true!

Good news for all us firewood suppliers

Gas to be banned in new houses in UK | Current Events | Fun Trivia Community Forums

:thumbup:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following a conversation with my local stove installer he informed me that from 2016 new homes will no longer be supplied with a gas main, I didn't believe it until further research which it appears to be true!

Gas to be banned in new houses in UK | Current Events | Fun Trivia Community Forums

In anticipation of a fall out with Russia would be my first guess

So why the hell are going into fracking then?

To sustain the existing demand probably

The heating requirements for a modern super insulated home would be minimal. I suppose insulation is the way forward , if there is enough of it just having people in there would almost keep it warm

Bob

the cost of wood will go through the roof, and demand will out strip supply

and we will import timber, and the dieseases

China russia and pakistan are starting to realise that if they dont make a stand now they will be even more surrounded by U.S/U.K (same thing) bases than they already are.

Gas and oil is dwindling, there is no more continents to plunder, only those already occupied by sovereign nations. Take Burma for example.

Peatiff has hit the nail on the head. Electricity is easily available via coal, nuclear, wind, wave and solar which is more sustainable energy than gas. Electric boilers will be the future. Nothing to do with china or Russia it's forward thinking these houses need to last 50+ years before they become outdated