eye pain from corneal abrasion.

Matthew Storrs

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suffered from "reoccurring corneal abrasion" many years ago, it was the result of many different scratches to the front of my eye, I had developed scar tissue on the front of my eye, often in the night the scar tissue would stick to the inside of my eyelid, when I opened my eye in the morning it pulled the skin off the front of my eye, very painful.

It was cured by applying antibiotic ointment every night for 6 weeks.

As it happens I have sore eye right now, went out in the dark last night to chuck some timber on the boiler, I lifted a log and a chunk of bark whacked me in the eye.

Didn't think I'd be on my own with this. I must say it seems to be happening quite frequently, wondering if contact lenses I wear may be trapping dirt under it and aggravating the eye when I blink.

Good call on the eye drops.

Last night it was throbbing- I kept closing the good eye to make sure the sight in the bad eye wasn't being affected! Thankfully it wasn't. Detached retinas and glaucoma run in our family so always keeping check on things.

Didn't think I'd be on my own with this. I must say it seems to be happening quite frequently, wondering if contact lenses I wear may be trapping dirt under it and aggravating the eye when I blink.

Good call on the eye drops.

Last night it was throbbing- I kept closing the good eye to make sure the sight in the bad eye wasn't being affected! Thankfully it wasn't. Detached retinas and glaucoma run in our family so always keeping check on things.

Really curious about this, I am not picking on you. Do you have a doctor to see about your vision issues?, do you at least wear safety goggles while you work?

With a family history of vision issues just wondering if always checking on things is enough to protect and preserve your vision for now and in the future?

easy-lift guy

Really curious about this, I am not picking on you. Do you have a doctor to see about your vision issues?, do you at least wear safety goggles while you work?

With a family history of vision issues just wondering if always checking on things is enough to protect and preserve your vision for now and in the future?

easy-lift guy

It dousn't seem to effect the vision, just hurts. No I haven't seen a doctor other than regular eye tests (every 6 months). I know what the cause of it is and as you suggest safety glasses would seem to be the obvious solution, but given that it rains most days I just can't get onwith safety glasses, they steam up, get dirty and I end up not being able to see anything:laugh1:

By the way when I say it happens frequently I probably mean once a month or so.

I have always worn glasses, since the styles have changed to smaller lenses and frames more crap ends up in your eyes than it used to with the old aviator style. the pains of following fashion ?, must be more vain than I thought. Have never found any safety goggles that work well with glasses, always had to put up with crap in my eyes and rain splattered glasses and closing eyes when its really bad (Close eyes cut, stop look, close eyes cut a bit more etc,not best practice but hey ho). I just wash eyes out when can and put in eye cream as prev mentioned to sooth things down, if really bad a visit to local small A+E for a muck out.

As Easy lift said need to try to look after your eyes.