Being ill.

Arran Turner

ive just got ill and its nocked me right out, its okey as im still at college , but how do you do it with such a physical job and set work schedules? I understand you man up but when climbing and chainsaw work it would just be to dangerous?

Just wonder how you guys cope as in four months when i finish college not working means no money

Arran

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my wife recently went down with nora virus she caught from a delightful spewy pediatric patient at work.... i was worried about loosing work if i got it, but after a few days of holding her hair back and washing out the sick bowl, i was still fine. i think there must be some truth in the fact that im too busy to get ill. whenever i have time off i seem to get a bit sniffly. work seems to push it all out!

but that said if you really are feeling minging it is a terrible idea to go in to work. it is dangerous as we are operating saws etc but more than that we are likely to give it to our colleagues, they'd rather you cancelled a day than put them out of work for a week.

If you're well enough to get to the toilet to chunder, then you're well enough to get to work. :thumbup1:

We work out doors, just puke in the chip box if you have to. I know a guy who insists that every one of his trucks carries a loo roll and a ton bag. When turned upside down its a mobile toilet! Gross but true. :001_rolleyes:

if your sick your sick , some people cope better than others and if you have a sniffly cold your better off going to work ,but if you got full blown man flu or sickness bug then rest is more important , ive had food poisening this weekend from a chicken kebab friday night ! i still feel fraglie so tommorow ive organised an easyer day , few logs ,price a few jobs walk dogs and early home :thumbup1:i wont climb till i feel ive got my energy back , everybody gets sick its life and not worth worrying about