Small tractor hire

My alpine tractor decided (against my wishes) to part company with all its hydraulic fluid a couple of weeks ago. It is currently receiving treatment from the good chaps at Riko.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to hire a compact tractor from for a week so I can fetch all my small diameter wood for charcoal. A small kubota or even a little dexta or similar would be ample, just pulling about a ton at a time in my timber trailer.

Somewhere in Suffolk would be preferable.

Many thanks TVI.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My alpine tractor decided (against my wishes) to part company with all its hydraulic fluid a couple of weeks ago. It is currently receiving treatment from the good chaps at Riko.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to hire a compact tractor from for a week so I can fetch all my small diameter wood for charcoal. A small kubota or even a little dexta or similar would be ample, just pulling about a ton at a time in my timber trailer.

Somewhere in Suffolk would be preferable.

Many thanks TVI.

HI MATE if it in for repair at riko can they give you one or just hire one off them thanks jon :thumbup:

Hi Jon. That is a good idea which I didn't think of at the time (a courtesy tractor!) Riko are a long way from me unfortunately.

To be honest, I hadn't appreciated how much I would miss having the tractor.:sad:

HI MATE did you take your tractor to riko or did they pick up your tractor a courtesy tractor is the way to go you may buy a newer one off them to :thumbup1:thanks jon :thumbup:

Thanks for the suggestions.

Browns are a bit too expensive for a humble woodman. I'll try microplant. Anyone used them before?

Not used them personally. A fella who had a yard where I used to rent my barn used to rent a compact/ loader off them for a few weeks each year to run a saw bench and splitter.