Diesel tuning chips....mmmm.

adbat234

Just thought id share my experience of purchasing a diesel tuning chip box from a company called drakebox on ebay. The chip came from italy and is an easy plug and play fitting. I dont believe anywhere on earth can give you so much extra power for £89. I fitted it to my navara dci on 06 plate and holy schmoly the power and torque increases were phenominal. Towing now seems effortless and i would reccomend anyone wanting to spruce up their dci engine try these out. I have tried and tested for a few weeks now with no probs. Go on.........you know you wanna :thumbup:

A good mate of mine has had one of these for a couple of months now, Ive yet to see it for myself as he moved miles away last year so i dont really see him anymore, He said the same as you, the power and torque pick up is great and its well worth doing, Id be a bit wary of putting an £89 chip in my motor though, Having said that this is the second glowing reference i know of so they cant be too bad

I'm kinda dubious myself, only i've heard good things from a few people now intially i thought it was snake oil they were selling. I've heard of all kinds of scams with these chips some are simple resistors that fool your engine management and have the potential to cause serious damage.

The argument i've always gone with is why don't the manafacturers just make the engines more powerfull in the first place?

Saying that the new X-trail now has a 2.0 dci putting out 150bhp or 170, where as the older 2.2dci is only 136bhp so maybe there is potential to unlock?

How is the fuel economy as i have an X-trail?

Marc

Most of the engines imported into the UK have been detuned or restricted to comply with emmisions, so most of the time all the chips are doing is putting all the settings back to factory settings

makes sense

There is a definate noticable improvement in fuel economy on a steady motorway run but on A and B roads the child in me keeps telling me to floor it so im using more derv than aver ha ha. I was dubious about buying one too but like i say, i would recommend these to anyone. I also believe what dean says is true and the engines are down tuned as standard to pass strict EU regs. To hell with the EU i say....and 480nm of torque agrees with me ha ha

I also here that about the EGR valves, lots of Landy owners i know remove them as they gunk up the engine and cause more trouble than there worth, only on there for emision reasons apparently?

EGR valves are nothing but stupid stupid stupid. Exhaust Gas Recirculation i.e. take a varying portion of exhaust gas and reroute it to the inlet manifold for re-burning. Theory is introducing an inert gas in the place of air reduces NOx formed by oxidation. The very thing a diesel engine doesn't want. The valve and associated solenoid chamber fills with cr4p, nowt but trouble; bout time they scrapped the things. Removing them increases power since only pure air is introduced into the cylinder. Rant semi-over.

• Like 3