I've seen a digger I like, but

william127

I have seen a little kubota I like, serviced, it was reAsonable hours, quite tight and all worked, but:

It had a hole in the radiator.

It would cost less than a £100 quid to get ithe rad over hauled and an afternoons work, if that, to get me a decent digger without driving the length of the country.

If I made the offer I'm thinking of it would let me get the digger, repair it, fit a grapple and put a £1000 aside straight away for looking after it with.

What do. People think, should I make an offer or walk away?

Thanks, William.

No brainer mate! Aslong as it hasn't overheated then go for it!

Overheating is the only down side. A simple check is to fill rad to the top and check for bubbles. Look for signs of head removal recently. Check oil for water contamination ie custard type deposit. Its been known for an overheated engine that's blown a head gasket to have a new one and sold on. Worth a look at these points to be safe.

Oil was good with no deposits, struggling to make my mind up. I took my mechanic with me and he was happy with the condition of it all, apart from this leak obviously.

Like the idea of buying one that leaves money in the pot even before I have started earning with it, if I buy one that seems in perfect condition using all my budget there's no saying that won't blow its rad on the first mornings work, if that makes sense?