Welcome to the Arbtalk.co.uk | Discussion Forum for Arborists.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

General chat Discuss every day issues in the tree care industry. If you're unsure where to post your topic please choose this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-06-12   #1 (permalink)
Supporting member, Raffle Sponsor 2012
swinny's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,632
Traffic control signs

Hi there everyone,

What traffic control signs do you need and use?

I was told the other day you need the bigger 750mm ones for 60mph roads, if you use the 600mm ones you can get told off!

So what do you use?


swinny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-12   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Simon Rotheram's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Coventry, West Midlands - UK
Posts: 2,304

If you are making these decisions and setting out traffic management it is worth considering a chapter 8 course, this covers all this. You can also buy "the red book" that gives diagrams for setting out TM.
Beechwood Trees and Landscapes Ltd.

Visit our new look website:
Have a look at our new blog

Join us
Simon Rotheram is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-12   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 360
Re: Traffic control signs

600mm signs can only be used on single carriageway`s 30mph or less,
750mm signs on all other speeds of single carriageway, and dual carriageway up to 40mph, 50mph and over, 1200mm signs.
Not sure of suppiler in yorkshire, you could try manchester safety (i think thats what they are called), over here, north wales we use brookes tarpaulins, in penmaenmawr, dont know wether they would parcel them.
Craig. is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-12   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle sponsor 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
bob's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North
Posts: 7,801
Re: Traffic control signs

most arb retailers sell em or your local safety centre.
Most councils you have to apply to put lights out.
Again really you ought to do the NRSWA course to put them out.
bob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-12   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle sponsor 2010, 2011
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Telemark Norge.
Posts: 1,521
Re: Traffic control signs

Originally Posted by swinny View Post

Need some new SLOW signs and no idea wher the best current place is to source?
Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-12   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2010, 2012, 2013
likeitorlumpit's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: folkestone
Posts: 2,744
Re: Traffic control signs

yes echo that
have you streetworks
its only a 2 day course
for operative plus supervisor
signs from jonesie i think best
i wonder how this works
likeitorlumpit is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Web site traffic davetaz General chat 1 19-09-11 05:26 PM
Trees and traffic Amelanchier General chat 3 19-08-10 09:06 PM
Traffic Management AlderwoodTreeCare General chat 12 30-04-10 02:15 PM
traffic lights?? not for sale sorry General chat 21 16-12-09 12:28 AM
Signs Steve Bullman General chat 34 05-03-08 06:01 PM

Find tree care advice

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0