Why is my website not working?

Woodworks

OK it does work but parts of our services used to come up in searches but now I can scrolled through pages of Google results and none of them are ours when a year ago we would show up near the top. I know diddly squat about websites but all has been good until now.

How do these things work and how can I get us back up in searches?

OK it does work but parts of our services used to come up in searches but now I can scrolled through pages of Google results and none of them are ours when a year ago we would show up near the top. I know diddly squat about websites but all has been good until now.

How long is a peice of string?

Google is always updating its algorythm of how sites are ranked.

A likely reason may be if it is not mobile friendly, google recently started dropping sites which are not accessible to mobile users.

Key words are important. Selling firewood and listing your other services by using key words will improve your rankings with Google. Positive feed back for your services and products are also very helpful. Your site will not run it's self, it will require some periodic maintenance and up keep.

easy-lift guy

What is your website?

Woodworks your site is pithy and to the point, that's good. The video is also to the point and not to long. Perhaps you could add some testimonials from customers one or two lines

would be fine about how happy they are about the product and service. No need to mention names just initials and town or village, of course with permission.

easy-lift guy

Don't beat your head against the wall trying too hard for search results. The way it works is complicated and it changes monthly as search engines change. Even professional website people can't live up to promises after a point in time.

That's because its getting saturated.

When the first 3 companies in a niche get sites, its easy for all three to be on page one. Eventually 100 companies have sites. If all 100 hired the best expert, that guru couldn't get them all on page 1 or 2 if their life depended on it. It would be impossible.

Too many people threw the old ways of getting business into the trash and went for just internet. Now they will realized that old school methods remain just as important.

You don't once mention the words Devon or Cornwall that I can see. That'd be a start! More

Content also, bit of waffle with the keywords you want to rank highly in. Add a proper footer with your address in it so Google associates your website with your location. Also pay attention to your google local listing put pics etc on there to help get you to the top of that

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk