H & S Euro styley.

Gnarlyoak

I have a true story about a situation like this....:thumbup1:

Our firm used to fit out Asda supermarkets when they first came here.

We were pretty hot on service, paperwork and health & safety.

Asda insisted on speed, safety and quality.

On one job my md was in a meeting with one of Asda's senior property guys while our ceiling fixers were finishing in the store.

At the end of the meeting, having gone through how the job had gone and had a pat on the back for our systems of work and procedures, my md and the Asda guy walked out into the store.

They were immediately met with the sight of our ingenious ceiling fixers finishing off an inaccessible area which they couldn't get to with a tower. :001_huh:

They had calculated that 5 of them sitting on the end of a youngman board on top of an 8x4 scaffold tower, would counterbalance the weight of a 6th man sitting on the cantilevered end of the 10' youngman board , 6 feet out from the scaffold and 6 metres off the ground....:w00t::001_rolleyes::laugh1:

The Asda man just put his head in his hands and walked off....

I think that was the last job we did for Asda....!:lol::lol:

I have a true story about a situation like this....:thumbup1:

Our firm used to fit out Asda supermarkets when they first came here.

We were pretty hot on service, paperwork and health & safety.

Asda insisted on speed, safety and quality.

On one job my md was in a meeting with one of Asda's senior property guys while our ceiling fixers were finishing in the store.

At the end of the meeting, having gone through how the job had gone and had a pat on the back for our systems of work and procedures, my md and the Asda guy walked out into the store.

They were immediately met with the sight of our ingenious ceiling fixers finishing off an inaccessible area which they couldn't get to with a tower. :001_huh:

They had calculated that 5 of them sitting on the end of a youngman board on top of an 8x4 scaffold tower, would counterbalance the weight of a 6th man sitting on the cantilevered end of the 10' youngman board , 6 feet out from the scaffold and 6 metres off the ground....:w00t::001_rolleyes::laugh1:

The Asda man just put his head in his hands and walked off....

I think that was the last job we did for Asda....!:lol::lol:

cant see anything wrong with that system of work, they had the physics right at least!:lol::lol: