Injured... what to do about it?

David Goss

Well i am sitting at home nursing some ligament damage to my right arm. Problem is i need about a month at least to heal it properly!:sneaky2:

How can i do this? i dont think any one of us can afford to take a month off but on the other hand i cant afford to be injured.... That is my problem and i dont have an answer.

Anyone have any suggestions? (serious ones please) I hate to be cooped up doing nothing but the pain in my arm is stopping me even from brushing my teeth without letting out a girly squeal followed by some manly swearing every now and then.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you ground? you can still drag with one arm, awkward i know but it gets you out?

its hard with arm injuries as, well, you use them all the time! Sorry i can't be of more help, will endeavour to think of something:biggrin:

Have you got a good physio you can go and see? When I broke my ankle and did my tendons and ligaments they were the people to see and got me on the go quickly useing acupuncture and exercises. Best of luck mate and hope your sorted shortly

david, a few years back i ripped the bicep and forearm muscle from the bone in my right arm. Doc reckoned on a 20 weeks recovery period, i was working properly in 13 weeks. In the meAn time, i was supervising jobs (bloody frustrating) and excercising the injury to the max, tennis ball squeezing etc. I went from not being able to lift a teaspoon to full health in that time.

Do you have accident insurance? Easy to wish you had niow if not, but it really takes the pressure off and you can concentrate on recovery without feeling you need to be back at work too soon.

All the best :thumbup1:

Whilst you may be back at work sooner than you think, it is also possible that it may take longer than expected for you to be back 100% strength.

Sign up with a couple of temping agencies to pick up bits of light work in the mean time as some money is better than none.

Best of luck

can you ground? you can still drag with one arm, awkward i know but it gets you out?

its hard with arm injuries as, well, you use them all the time! Sorry i can't be of more help, will endeavour to think of something:biggrin:

Been grounding last couple of days and i am just making it worse. I try to only use the one arm but you know how impossible that is to do 100%

Have you got a good physio you can go and see? When I broke my ankle and did my tendons and ligaments they were the people to see and got me on the go quickly useing acupuncture and exercises. Best of luck mate and hope your sorted shortly

Sending off the self referral form today but there is a 2 month waiting list it seems:thumbdown:

david, a few years back i ripped the bicep and forearm muscle from the bone in my right arm. Doc reckoned on a 20 weeks recovery period, i was working properly in 13 weeks. In the meAn time, i was supervising jobs (bloody frustrating) and excercising the injury to the max, tennis ball squeezing etc. I went from not being able to lift a teaspoon to full health in that time.

Do you have accident insurance? Easy to wish you had niow if not, but it really takes the pressure off and you can concentrate on recovery without feeling you need to be back at work too soon.

All the best :thumbup1:

No i dont have accident insurance and it wasnt even an accident that did it. It is a problem that has been bothering me for about 5 months now but the other day while slipping and sliding up and down a steep banking it just got unbearable and still is just now.

I should really get my body insured as much as possible but i am trying to keep my expenses to the minimum and hate giving money away for no return (suppose that was stupid on my part:blushing:)

If work is quiet and a month with plenty of bank holidays (in england anyway), might be worth biting the bullet and resting maybe even just work a couple of days a week. Any chance of helping out a consultancy company maybe some basic surveying? Hope you mend soon

Sorry to here that :( Try and find as many useful courses (especially free ones) and get on them, you can learn with one arm even if you cant work and you don't know what doors it will open for you.

that is a real good idea :thumbup:

Sounds nasty, soft tissue injuries are the worst, why not perfect your written italian? always wondered why you left there to go back to rainy scotland.

it might rain here but life is much easier, the grass isnt always greener on the sunny side of the fence. I have enough bother speaking Italian never mind writing it, as long as the wife understands me thats good enough for me :001_rolleyes:

Cheers for all replies so far, there is some good stuff in there:thumbup: