Injured... what to do about it?

David Goss

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My simpathies mate, know your plight to well.

As Mr Blair said - adapt and survive.

I would recomend, assuming you can cover the bills, pissing off with a tent for a few weeks , if your into that sort of thing.

While ago i took out income protection insurance, basically covers a portion of your income if you cant work, whatever the reason, they dont care about previous ailments, enough to cover bills and survive

I was out of action for 6 weeks Yeats ago , I tore the ligaments that hold my leg to my hip, i was lowering branches off my harness on a big cedar someone cut the top off the year before , seemed cool at the time until I collapsed in the garden walking to the van after .

I just spent my time watching telly and eating cakes :)

I was out of action for 6 weeks Yeats ago , I tore the ligaments that hold my leg to my hip, i was lowering branches off my harness on a big cedar someone cut the top off the year before , seemed cool at the time until I collapsed in the garden walking to the van after .

I just spent my time watching telly and eating cakes :)

I should have done the same when i broke my ribs but as you know Stevie we had a tree to paint :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Had my first physio treatment today. Now i know why they get called the physical terrorists! I almost gave the guy a left hook while he was sticking his thumb into the sore bits on the right. After he did his best to make me cry, he stuck a load of needles in my arm and then to round it off whacked on 3 long strips of what he called magic tape, taking great care to stick it to as much hair as possible. Then on the way out i was lightened by 44 quid and told to come back next week for more of the same.

Tell you what, if this works i will be very happy but if it doesnt i will be more than just a little miffed lets say. The terrorist seemed confident that he will have me fixed by the end of next week so we will just have to wait and see.