Bio chain oil

Holly tree

I have always come back to stihl bio plus, I have tried the following, Oregon arborol, aspen, go part and suffered with bar wear. The stihl seems the most consistent and doesn't lead to excessive bar wear which is the problems I have had with the others. I am tempted to try some clarks supertack as if it will hold out on harvester bars it should be ok at chainsaw speeds

Cheapest supermarket Rapeseed oil, straightup off the self and outta the bottle. More and more converting every day, no need for special tackifiers and antioxidants. Keep saws and bottle where they can't be got at by rodents or they'll chew through the plastic oil tank to get at the oil. On long bars there is some controversy on shorter bars, under 20" say, no problem. They bee using in in Canada for years, pile of research done on it.

Cheapest supermarket Rapeseed oil, straightup off the self and outta the bottle. More and more converting every day, no need for special tackifiers and antioxidants. Keep saws and bottle where they can't be got at by rodents or they'll chew through the plastic oil tank to get at the oil. On long bars there is some controversy on shorter bars, under 20" say, no problem. They bee using in in Canada for years, pile of research done on it.

What this man says & it's approx £1 a litre :thumbup:

I did try supermarket stuff a few years back I found the bar got hot and I ended up tighten chain all the.