Stihl ms441??

stewie

After months and months of deliberation (spud I apologies for the endless messages that have lead to nothing!!) I decided to put my old and broken 044 and Jonesered 630 on ebay along with a few old broken sds drills, a broken generator and a few other bits of busted shite and unbelievably it all came to a grand total of £276!!! I was thinking of getting the saws fixed but after weighing up the pros and cons it all lead to clearing out the shed and see what's around when all sold and a spare cash boost! So after endless hour's of looking I came across a ms441 on a second hand site for £400. I rang the guy and it turned out he brought it new 5 years ago for him and his son to cut a few oak trees down and he's now to old to start it/run it due to its weight. He then said " the least I will take is £300 before you start haggling" I was going to offer £350!!! so I drove over today and picked it up and the guy was genuine, showed me the receipt for it and let me have a good look at it before starting it up. Took of all the covers I could and it's near spotless inside, can lift it up by the pull cord with 25in bar on, took spark plug out and chamber looks brand new, plus an original piston so looking good! His son came out to fired it up and it ran like a dream! They said it's done around ten hours work but I think it's done more but still far from abused! I'll get it up the service shop for a full check over in the week but so far so good and looks like I've got a saw for life with how often ill use it!

I brought an ms390 a few months back and thought it was a good saw but the difference in quality between the two is unreal! There not even in the same league imo and that's before I've even cut anything with the 441!

I have a few questions tho if anyone could help :thumbup:

1 it's a 2011 model and it says c on the chain brackets but not on the side badge. The ones I used before said "ms441-c" on the side so does this mean anything??

2 is there any issues with this model of saw?

3 what bar size would you say is its max?

4 perfect fuel mix ratio

5 is it the m-tronic and if so why does it h and l screws??

Probably daft questions but I did my research before purchase just these these last few ones are niggling at me! :thumbup1:

20160529_181407.jpg.73e8d2cd482098c3ceeb8ffd5fbb769a.jpg

20160529_181453.jpg.ae5a2c033ab560e17b30728db77e0a6f.jpg

Edited by stewie

I used one on a few jobs for a company I used to freelance for, that 441 had a 20'' on it and it really flew. I wouldn't go any bigger than a 25'' bar which is what they come standard with from the dealers. As far as I'm aware the non mtronic saws are labelled as 441 and the 441C is the mtronic version. I suspect that the chain brake may not be original to the saw. I never run a leaner mix than 40:1 and I run 32:1 on brand new saws till they bed in. It look very clean in the pictures, I think you got a good deal.

Best of luck with it.

I've had one since 2011. It's brilliant. I think yours is same as mine , not M-tronic. I've always run mine with 50-1 standard mix.

I've run mine with a 36 inch lo-profile bar without any problems but generally stick to 25".

Mine can be prone to flooding on occasion but other than that, highly recommended.