Husky 372XP your ratings This question for Owners /Users

Littletree

Hi Guys I am soon to become the owner of a Husky 372XP with 24 and 15 inch bars . I have used a 390 and that was very nice but just quite large.

My question is for anyone that uses /owns of the 372XP can you kindly give me your ratings on it ?

how do you find it runs with a 24 inch bar ?

does it have enough power to run the 24 nicley ?

is it nice and quick and and sharp on getting up and going on pulling on the trigger ?

any reviews would be great.

Many thanks Littletree:thumbup:

I get on well with mine, can't comment from an arb point of view particularly, more from a felling side of things. Ran mine 90% of the time with a 15" and 8tooth front sprocket (so up one tooth) and it flies and is well balanced.

Do have a 20" bar for it and it pulls that well with a 7 tooth sprocket but is a bit nose heavy for snedding all day (unless you really need the long bar).

Never ran a 24" on it but in my opinion if you wanted somethign to run a 24" regularly I personally would go for somethign with more power, which unfortunatle means more weight (or tweaking the 372 maybe).

a subby we use brings his 372 with 24" bar for bigger jobs. a pleasure to use! loads of torque and quick pickup. in fact i prefer it to the ms441, even though i'm a bit biased towards stihl. it feels like it has just as much grunt as our 046, despite a lower engine size and hp.

when i'm eventually working for myself it will be one of the first saws i will get :thumbup1:

i run 24 and 16" bars on mine, no problem with either, ditto the point about the two nuts that hold the chain brake on, carry some spares!

very responsive once set up, after you have a few tanks of fuel through it, get your dealer to check the carb settings as they can need tweeking to get maximum performance out of them

all in all a great saw

Thanks lads thats great news I am going to be running a 24 for the bigger suff but less offtern and mostly the smalller 15 or 18 bar, but with this choice of saw will have a good range of bar lenghts so I can take on the the bigger stuff when needed as well as having a smaller bar I can use to back up my ms26 should I need it without the bulk of the 390 .

Thanks guys

Littletree:thumbup:

ive got its slightly older brother the 371 xp, great saw, nice mid range power, seems to like an 18" bar the best , nice and balanced, but i do run a 28" for some jobs and it copes very well, providing my sharpening is spot on.

hope this helps