New husqvarna climbing saw any good?

jack88

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO its OK, but not great, the build quality is pretty crap.

What problems have you had ? , can't be as flimsy as a 201 ... I've had a 540 since last august , dragging it around some Nasty stuff that would of usually snapped off a few 200t chain breaks and it's totally intact.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

What problems have you had ? , can't be as flimsy as a 201 ... I've had a 540 since last august , dragging it around some Nasty stuff that would of usually snapped off a few 200t chain breaks and it's totally intact.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

The fuel tank has opened up on the seam next to where the saw attachment is, I've glued it and put a washer under saw attachment allan stud, which has slowed the leak to a weep. The whole body is out of line, due to the real AV distorting. The way the side cover fits is very poor, the stud is too far forward, IMO, the chain tensioner is horrible, on a conifer job I've actually had the chain come off the back of the bar adjacent to the sprocket, but still keep running, never had that with any other saw.

I was really hopeful when I bought it, but have been here disappointed :thumbdown:

The fuel tank has opened up on the seam next to where the saw attachment is, I've glued it and put a washer under saw attachment allan stud, which has slowed the leak to a weep. The whole body is out of line, due to the real AV distorting. The way the side cover fits is very poor, the stud is too far forward, IMO, the chain tensioner is horrible, on a conifer job I've actually had the chain come off the back of the bar adjacent to the sprocket, but still keep running, never had that with any other saw.

I was really hopeful when I bought it, but have been here disappointed :thumbdown:

The body on mine is out of line due to the rear AV spring bending ( second one ) and the techlite bar de laminated . Replaced that with the older type bar . I still rate it though . Better than a 201 anyway .

Stubby the av thing is a real problem and I'm blindly presuming husky will replace it with a redesigned one, skyhuck I can't help but think you just landed a bad one.. shame as mine had been a dream since day 1.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Arbtalk mobile app

Stubby the av thing is a real problem and I'm blindly presuming husky will replace it with a redesigned one, skyhuck I can't help but think you just landed a bad one.. shame as mine had been a dream since day 1.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Arbtalk mobile app

Would be nice I suppose but I am not that bothered about the spring . Replaced it once and the new one bent the same but it all still works fine and does not inhibit the vibe damping .