LT35 Drop Side with Palfinger 1300

windfall

Hi All,

I collected my truck from the fabricators yesterday afternoon, after a couple of hours wiring i was ready for the road.

Used it today and other than the rear legs needing to be raised a bit it was superb.

It is a petrol / LPG with 70k miles, i bought it as a chassis/cab and have had the rear made to my spec with the palfinger.

I can get 3 m3 in bags on the back, i didnt want to widen the bed to accomodate 2 x2 as i would not have fitted down the lanes / roads i need to get down for deliveries. Size isnt everything:001_rolleyes:

Just need it sign written, got a quote for no more than £200 today and the guy is based in the yard i am bagging logs so should get that done next week.

So what do you think?

DSC00893.jpg.47456ffbc0aedc11e117c0be8c4dd462.jpg

DSC00892.jpg.768aaff52eb8f6ea941164983179d7f9.jpg

DSC00891.jpg.844ad4e05d2598ac35022f745ba2b762.jpg

DSC00890.jpg.1e9d68421ddbd8bf4cb10320f3a7b6eb.jpg

DSC00888.jpg.569bb21affa6ad3b9de9db68fa9653c0.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments.

I am looking for suggestions for a split charge system, as i have a large deep cycle battery at the rear to power the crane. Plus I also want to run work lights and a additional power into the cab for a 12v fridge i have and a charging station.

Any suggestions?

I have found one i like the look of on ebay for £85 which has a battery charge indicator and there are a ones that are more functional that are probably just as suiablt for around £50.

Thanks for the comments.

I am looking for suggestions for a split charge system, as i have a large deep cycle battery at the rear to power the crane. Plus I also want to run work lights and a additional power into the cab for a 12v fridge i have and a charging station.

Any suggestions?

I have found one i like the look of on ebay for £85 which has a battery charge indicator and there are a ones that are more functional that are probably just as suiablt for around £50.

Windfall, maybe if you posted this question in th "maintenance help" bit on here you might get a better resopnse.

By the way post up some pics of your truck when it's been sign written.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just spent the whole morning fitting a set of 6 LED hazard lights, every wire needed to be cut with 2 core ran in to extend them. It was a right pain in the bottom but its a proper job and looks the business. How long they will last is somthing i dont want to consider at the moment.

Having a cuppa and some lunch then back out to fit work lights for the back deck. As my old grany used to say "the nights are drawing in now"... oh and i am going to run a cable into the cab so there is an independant charging point for my toys and power for my fridge in case the weather gets hot again.

I fitted the split charge system yesterday, went with a 100amp jobbie from ebay, its basically just a phat relay, it was very easy to install and it appears to be working well.

Still not got back to the sign writer but i have at least prepared my copy for the sides etc.

• 2 months later...