Husky 560XP clutch issue.

wicklamulla

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

R Mac, bout 1 year old now so maybe i shudda asked bout a warranty claim but I rang up and ordered and paid fer the parts over the phone as soon as i spotted the crack.

I would have done the same to be honest, £30? it isn't worth the grief trying for a fix under warranty and the time without the saw. These things happen, everything (regardless of brand) is made to certain tolerances, get one on the limit and you may have a problem plus the consumer wants more power and less weight and this may be the result, that said the new clutch could last for years.

Just the way it is :001_smile:

no sorry those things should not just happen too so many saws . i know 1 lad who had it happen twice on same saw , whats worse is husky don't care about there customers . clutch is too flimsy . my 620 clutch is much more beefier amd hasn't even snapped a clutch spring . my 560 would regular snap clutch springs . the 560s as we had 3 were the worst saw I have ever had , 2 in the shop for repair at one time . rant over

no sorry those things should not just happen too so many saws . i know 1 lad who had it happen twice on same saw , whats worse is husky don't care about there customers . clutch is too flimsy . my 620 clutch is much more beefier amd hasn't even snapped a clutch spring . my 560 would regular snap clutch springs . the 560s as we had 3 were the worst saw I have ever had , 2 in the shop for repair at one time . rant over

Fair enough, that certainly puts things in a different light, not good especially if the dealers/manufacturers don't care.

it's a racing engine, higher performance lighter weight more heat means more service that's just how it is. You don't get something for nothing. Put a stronger heavier duty clutch on and loose out or shift a problem else where. I've seen a few do this but it's not every saw. Other saws may not have all the niggles these have but none can touch it on performance. No machines perfect

it's a racing engine, higher performance lighter weight more heat means more service that's just how it is. You don't get something for nothing. Put a stronger heavier duty clutch on and loose out or shift a problem else where. I've seen a few do this but it's not every saw. Other saws may not have all the niggles these have but none can touch it on performance. No machines perfect

There's an element of truth in what you say but even a racing engine needs to be reliable enough to finish the race otherwise it doesn't matter how fast it is.

If Husqvarna really have built a saw solely to look good on the sales literature with no thought or concern for the longevity of the engine or cost to the consumer then that's a pretty poor show IMO.

What you're saying illustrates the futility of quoting performance figures as an indicator that saw A is superior to saw B, not that anyone would do such a thing :001_rolleyes:

I do agree that no machine is perfect and no manufacturer is immune to releasing something more troublesome than it should be. I'm not pointing the finger only at Husqvarna, they do and have made very good saws.

I think the clutch should go back to your dealer and then to the factory otherwise they will not know there may be a possible issue and if that clutch let loose, it may cause a safety issue!

In an ideal world, the factory would issue a replacement and then if it was found to be an issue, changes made to the design but I guess they would need to see a few with the same issue to make a rational decision on spending their time and money!

I think the clutch should go back to your dealer and then to the factory otherwise they will not know there may be a possible issue and if that clutch let loose, it may cause a safety issue!

In an ideal world, the factory would issue a replacement and then if it was found to be an issue, changes made to the design but I guess they would need to see a few with the same issue to make a rational decision on spending their time and money!

i got my first one in 2012 and they will have seen lots of them fail by now . they spent more than the cost of a new saw on mine with repaires but would not give me a new replacement , it once went to husky themselves for inspection and a broken side casingas they also snap the starter paules off , unbelievably it came back to the saw shop with the same broken casing on , true every word . there is not much difference if any in performance between the 560 and an echo 620 . and if you need to put wood on the floor to make a living the echo is better in my experience . I know husky make some good saws but they goofed up I reckon with the 560 and the way they handle the breakdowns. imo

Lol , I would say the 560 is the best they have made ! it's the Ferrari of 60cc class.. I've been working down racks thinning with a 560 whilst the other guy has been on a 357 both 15" full chisel and have been nearly a rack ahead by lunch so we swapped saws and it again evened things out by the end of the day.... it's a beast an absolute animal and I would rather use one than an over weight underperforming saw especially if I was getting paid by the tonne,any how I would expect to replace a saw almost yearly if I was full time felling .. in the mean while I give the wreck to spud buy a new saw and he builds me a ported and fully modded monster which puts more of a smile on my face every time it smashes up timber ,I do like to leave it as a back up though as it's too lively and costs me a fortune in starter recoils as the popped up piston seems to give it stupid compression and tears them appart!

I keep 4 clutches in stock and have fitted 2 so far this month , very common issue with these saws .