Cheapest way up a tree.. lost quadcopter

Tommyk

Ok sound. Im glad i asked. I know nothink about climbing trees safely apart from free style climbing in the park when i was a kid. My mates will most lightly be there but i wouldn't trust them to have any helpfull input. Ive watched youtube vids of one line with a prussik frction knock and a 2nd safty line which is what i was planning to use.

Im from the birmingham area. Quad is in b75 area

Id be gratfull is anyone could link me to a rope which would be safe enough for 10-20 climbs 😬👍🏻👍🏻

That should read, can anyone link me to a tree surgeon that knows what they are doing (safely) to retrieve it for me. So I don't injure or kill myself.

I'd take the advise of the lads on here, they seem to know a bit about climbing trees.

this rope if you're serious about having a go - dont forget to read the book too its not long

Yale XTC Plus 25m 13mm Climbing Rope 1 Splice Tree Surgeons | eBay

book

THE TREE CLIMBER'S COMPANION ARBORIST GUIDE TECH BOOK | eBay

you must have a lanyard to remain attached when you are advancing your climbing line - or a net below

it doesn't say the rope is partially severed in the listing it only says retired, i just meant to run it through his hands end to end to check its not nicked, sorry should have spelled that out.

Before i did any courses i went up 70 80 foot oaks in the woods -

i did spend a few quid more on gear than he is intending and also read Jeff Jepsons tree climbers companion - to the original poster - get this book its only 12 quid. Seriously dont ever try up a dead tree, and if you can afford to invest in a 13mm arborist rope e.g 25m Yale XTC plus all the better

If a rope is retired then its retired for a reason,usually because its deemed unsafe by loler inspector,so even though hes-as you say- "checking it " by running it through his hands he could very well miss a serious problem as he's no experience with arborist rope.

Its great to read books and watch youtube videos but the only way to climb as safely as possible is to have the proper equipment,and climb low and slow with an experienced climber to there too help you out.

What you chose to do is up to you but to offer out that advice was beyond reckless,no offence but you dont sound too experienced yourself.

The phrase" learn to walk before you run "springs too mind.

I dont mean to offend you but you should think a little harder before you offer advice mate

Weirdly enough, a rope that's good for 10 to 20 times is pretty much the same as one to be used once or a thousand times.....

The suspension point on your rock climbing harness will likely make you dangle in an awkward and uncomfortable way as well.

These are the usual suspects for tree gear-

Harnesses and Spurs | Richmonds

https://www.frjonesandson.co.uk/

https://www.honeybros.com/

The Home of Forestry Equipment & Tree Surgeon Equipment

Perhaps it's time for you to create a rescue/ heavy lift quadcopter? Plenty of market around the world for folk who like parking in trees?