Yet another reccomend me a wood burner thread!

sandspider

:thumbup:

Shame they don't have an external air supply option though, I'd like that too. Do you know anyone with the Wildwood (wood only version) compared to the Fireview (multi fuel) option? Leaning towards the Wildwood, as I'd rather have a stove dedicated to burning wood.

Thank you.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbup:

Shame they don't have an external air supply option though, I'd like that too. Do you know anyone with the Wildwood (wood only version) compared to the Fireview (multi fuel) option? Leaning towards the Wildwood, as I'd rather have a stove dedicated to burning wood.

Thank you.

Yep thats what my parents just replaced with the Burley. Think they had the 6 kWh Wildwood. It's very good but not as good a their 12 kWh Fireveiw. They were getting too hot with the Wildwood so downsized but the Burley is far more fussy and needs closely managing but is capable of remarkable efficiency when you get it right. Sister runs a 9 kWh Fireveiw and that puts up with some rubbish treatment with soggy logs (not from me) but don't think they have had any problems with it. The fire bricks on the Widwood do crack quite quickly but you can leave them be and they last a good long time before falling apart. The multifuel grate on the Fireveiw works very well with wood and makes lighting easier than the Wildwood but comes at a cost.

Just had the Clearview fitted with external air feed last week. Not had the heating on since, it heats the whole house. So controllable you can throttle it back when up to temperature and it'll sit there ticking over for hours with a nice lazy flame pattern and the temperature just keeps going up and up. Early days but so far would recommend it.

Went for Golden Fire Brown colour too so something a bit different to the usual black.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1477400196.353743.jpg.2cfd23030013c5ac28b8efbe3d1a883e.jpg

Yep thats what my parents just replaced with the Burley. Think they had the 6 kWh Wildwood. It's very good but not as good a their 12 kWh Fireveiw. They were getting too hot with the Wildwood so downsized but the Burley is far more fussy and needs closely managing but is capable of remarkable efficiency when you get it right. Sister runs a 9 kWh Fireveiw and that puts up with some rubbish treatment with soggy logs (not from me) but don't think they have had any problems with it. The fire bricks on the Widwood do crack quite quickly but you can leave them be and they last a good long time before falling apart. The multifuel grate on the Fireveiw works very well with wood and makes lighting easier than the Wildwood but comes at a cost.

Thank you, that's useful.

Just had the Clearview fitted with external air feed last week. Not had the heating on since, it heats the whole house. So controllable you can throttle it back when up to temperature and it'll sit there ticking over for hours with a nice lazy flame pattern and the temperature just keeps going up and up. Early days but so far would recommend it.

Went for Golden Fire Brown colour too so something a bit different to the usual black.

[ATTACH]213077[/ATTACH]

Looks good. And you're right, it's hard to pin a stove installer down to even coming to have a look, never mind installing something! Suppose everyone and their dog wants a woodburner installed at this time of year.

Burley stoves do take a bit of getting used to but once sussed out, amazing.

I never had a problem getting used to mine . Its the simplest stove ever . Only 2 controls , the air slide and the door . In the morning just scrape away a bit of the ash to revile the hot embers . Chuck on a bit of kindling , open air slide fully to the right set the door on the slightly open catch . in 2 mins its up and roaring . put some logs on , shut the door and set the air slide to were you want and you are back in business . Simples ! :001_smile:

I never had a problem getting used to mine . Its the simplest stove ever . Only 2 controls , the air slide and the door . In the morning just scrape away a bit of the ash to revile the hot embers . Chuck on a bit of kindling , open air slide fully to the right set the door on the slightly open catch . in 2 mins its up and roaring . put some logs on , shut the door and set the air slide to were you want and you are back in business . Simples ! :001_smile:

What size have you got Stubby?

Parents got the baby one and it's being a bit of a pain. Shut it down a tad too much and it's nearly out and then takes an age to get back up to speed.

What size have you got Stubby?

Parents got the baby one and it's being a bit of a pain. Shut it down a tad too much and it's nearly out and then takes an age to get back up to speed.

Got the Nominally 5kw rated holleywell but sure it punts out more :001_smile:

Got the Nominally 5kw rated holleywell but sure it punts out more :001_smile:

Apparently it isnt a true 5kw fire, apparently it is placed in a range of 5-8 kw.

Sounds a bit strange but its what the dealer said who sold it me.

I think it should be classed higher than a 5kw but they have found a way to justify at as so to avoid the need for a room vent.